精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

发表于 2011-1-26 00:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
CHAPTER No. 26
第二十六章

Lorian had not felt the Force in many years. When he reached out and felt it move, it startled him, as if he'd burned his hand.
洛里安已经多年没有使用过原力了。当他刻意召唤原力,感受到它的流动时,他的手就好像被火烫了一下,不禁吓了他一跳。

But within seconds, it all rushed back, and he knew he could depend on it.
但是仅在几秒钟内,一切仿佛又回到从前,他知道他依然可以驾驭原力。

Dooku was ahead of him in the narrow passageway, running toward an airspeeder. Dooku must have known very well that Lorian was behind him, but he didn't bother to turn and engage him. Lorian was sure that Dooku was taking no more notice of him than he would a fly.
在洛里安前面不远处窄窄的过道里,杜库正奔向飞船。杜库一定清楚地知道,洛里安就在他后面,但他没时间回头与洛里安纠缠。洛里安敢肯定,杜库花在他身上的注意力,不会多于一只苍蝇。

He had no time to think of strategy. He knew Dooku was vastly more powerful. Why was he doing this? he thought as he ran. Why? It was a death wish, a fool's errand, and he had never courted death or been a fool.
来不及考虑策略问题了,他当然知道杜库远比他强大,那他为什么要去追赶杜库呢?他一边想,一边向前奔跑。为什么?这是一次死亡之旅,一次傻瓜差事,而他,从未被判死刑,也从来没有当过傻瓜。

All the wrongs of his life, all the mistakes, all the unforgivable deeds, all the pain he had caused, all the lives he had broken, they were all here in this dark corridor. They would choke him, they would lay him flat, but the Force had touched him just when he needed it, bringing a memory of a childhood when he knew what was right and wanted to do it.
他生命中所有的罪恶,所有的过错,所有难忘的记忆,所有他制造的痛苦,所有被他摧残的生命,此时此刻都浮现在这个黑暗的走廊里。它们令他感到窒息,几乎要压扁他,只有原力,依然在他需要的时候轻轻地抚慰着他,这让他回忆起小时候——那时他知道什么是正确的,什么才是他想做的。

He had a blaster, but he knew its puny power would mean nothing to Dooku. Within seconds it would be wrenched from his grasp and fly across the corridor.
他手握着爆能枪,可他深知爆能枪的火力对杜库来说简直微不足道,几秒钟之内,它就会被扭曲,从他手中飞出去。

So why use it? Why use any weapon when Dooku could swat it away like a fly?
那为什么还要用它?用一个杜库可以像拍苍蝇一样轻而易举毁灭的武器?

Lorian had not stopped running while he thought. What did he have that Dooku did not have? What did he know about Dooku that no one else knew? What did he know about him as a boy that would not have changed? Did he have a flaw?
洛里安心里想着,丝毫没有停住脚步。他拥有什么杜库没有的东西吗?以他对杜库的了解,他知道些什么其他人不知道的东西呢?从小时候起,杜库身上一直没有改变的东西是什么?杜库有什么缺陷?

Pride. He was vain. He liked to be admired.
骄傲。杜库非常自负。他喜欢被人崇拜。

That wasn't much to go on.
无须再多想了。

Then Lorian noticed the airspeeder at the end of the corridor, ahead of Dooku. He was familiar with the model. It was a Mobquet twin turbojet with a boosted max airspeed. Mobquet Industries were known for their swoop bikes, not their speeders. Dooku's transport was a good choice for quick getaways, with its boosted airspeed and high maneuverability. But possibly, just possibly, Dooku did not know this: The Mobquet speeder had a flaw. The data cables that connected the frontal controls to the cabin were mounted behind a thin panel on the underside of the body. It would take Lorian about six seconds to find that panel and fuse those cables with a barrage from his blaster.
这时,洛里安注意到走廊尽头、杜库前方停着一架飞船。他很熟悉这种型号的飞船,这是Mobquet双胞胎公司的最大飞行马力涡轮喷气式飞船,Mobquet公司以他们的滑翔车著名,而不是飞船。这架飞船拥有高速的飞行速度和良好的驾驶性能,无疑是迅速逃跑的最佳工具。但也许,仅仅是也许,杜库可能不知道这一点:Mobquet的飞船有一个缺点。连接前部船舱控制系统的数据线集中在船体下侧的一张薄薄的面板下。洛里安只需六秒钟,就能找到那块面板,而后用爆能枪的炮火融毁里面的数据线。

All he needed was six seconds.
他只需要六秒钟

He called ahead, his voice echoing. "You've done well for yourself, Dooku. But did you ever realize that you couldn't have done it without me?"
他向前呼喊,声音回荡在走廊里:“你干的不错啊,杜库。可你不知道到吗,没有我,你怎么可能如此出色?”

Dooku stopped and turned, as Lorian had known he would.
杜库停下来,转过身。洛里安早就预料到他会这么做。

"Excuse me, old friend?"
“有事吗,老朋友?”

"The Sith Holocron. You accessed it, didn't you? Sometime later. You could never stand it if I knew something you didn't."
“西斯全息记录。你已经看过了吧?只不过晚了些。你肯定不能容忍我知道一些你不知道的秘密吧。”

"Why shouldn't I have accessed it?" Dooku asked.
“我为什么就不能看呢?”杜库问。

Lorian kept moving forward. "Of course you had the right. Yet you never would have had the courage if I hadn't done it first."
洛里安继续向前走去。“当然,你有这个权利。可如果我没有先看,你怎么敢看?”

Dooku laughed. "You are unbelievable. Don't you realize how tempted I am to kill you? And now you're provoking me. You certainly live dangerously, Lorian."
杜库大笑。“真是荒谬。难道你没意识到我是多么想杀了你吗?如今,你又来激怒我。你死到临头了,洛里安。”

Lorian had circled around Dooku and stood near the speeder. Dooku was not afraid of him; he would allow him to come as close as he wanted. Lorian leaned against the speeder, crossing his leg as though he had all the time in the world to chat. "I realize now that I was wrong when I asked you to cover for me about the Holocron."
洛里安转到杜库身边,站在飞船旁边。杜库一点都不怕他,他会允许洛里安靠近到他想要的距离。洛里安靠在飞船上,双腿交叉,好像有足够的时间闲聊。“我已经认识到,为了全息记录的事,我当时让你替我受过是错误的。”

"An apology at this late date? I'm overwhelmed."
“一次过期的道歉?我真服了你。”

"I should have taken the responsibility myself. I wouldn't have been kicked out of the Jedi Order. I see that now. But now I wonder... why did I think I would?" Underneath the cover of his cloak, Lorian's fingers searched for the panel.
“我本应该自己承担责任。如果那样,我就不会被赶出绝地武士团了。我现在明白了,但是我现在还是想不明白……我当时为什么会那么想?”洛里安假装咳嗽了一下作为掩饰,手指不停地在摸索着面板。

"I find revisiting the past so tedious," Dooku said. "If you'll excuse me - "
“我觉得回忆过去太过单调无聊,”杜库说,“不好意思,我失陪了——”

He put one foot on the speeder, ready to leap inside.
他一只脚踏上飞船,正准备跳进去。

"Could it be that you encouraged my fears? Looking back, I find that strange. I would not have done that to you. I would not have fed your fears, but tried to allay them." His fingers slid across a seam. He had found the panel.
“你认为这样就能吓倒我吗?回想下过去吧,我感觉那时很奇怪。我本不应该那样对你。我不应该让你恐惧,我应该帮你缓和它。”他的手指滑过一条缝隙,终于找到了面板。

Dooku's eyes flared. Lorian brought out the blaster and put the barrel against the panel.
杜库的眼睛一闪。洛里安猛地抽出爆能枪,把枪对准面板。

The dark side surged in a shocking display of power, and Lorian found himself flung like a child's doll in the air. He slammed against the wall and then hit the floor, dazed. Somehow, he held on to his blaster.
黑暗原力突然喷涌而出,展示出令人震惊的力量。洛里安感觉自己就像一只小孩的玩偶漂浮在空气中,然后又砰地一声撞到墙上,重重地摔在地板上。他感到一阵眩晕,可他手中还握着那把爆能枪。

Dooku saw it, of course. "That was your clumsy attempt at a diversion, I suppose," he said, drawing his lightsaber with the curved hilt. "I think I've shown enough mercy. Let us end now what should have ended then."
杜库当然注意到了这一细节。“这只不过是你愚蠢的分散我注意力的诡计罢了,”他说着,掏出他那把弯曲的光剑剑柄,“我想我已经仁义尽至了,让我们现在做个了结吧,一切早该结束了。”

He had one last chance. One only. He could blast the panel and prevent Dooku from taking off. Obi-Wan and Anakin would have to do the rest. If he failed, he would die. If he succeeded, he would also die. He had no doubt about that.
他还有最后一次机会。只剩一次了。他可能会打爆控制面板,阻止杜库逃跑,欧比万和安纳金会完成剩下的事。如果他失败了,他会死;如果他成功了,他还是会死。这次,他必死无疑了。

Lorian reached out to the Force to help him. He needed it here, at the last. He felt it grow, and he saw Dooku's eyebrows rise.
洛里安召唤原力来帮助他,在生命的最后一刻,他需要它。他感觉到原力的凝聚增长,同时他也看到杜库扬起的眉毛。

"So you haven't lost it completely," he said. "Too bad it isn't enough."
“看来你还没有完全丧失原力感应,”他说,“很可惜,这点力量远不够。”

He moved toward Lorian. Lorian remembered his footwork. The attack would come to his left. At the last moment, he rolled to the right, and Dooku's lightsaber hit rock and sliced through it. Expecting an easy blow, Dooku turned a second too late, and Lorian had already begun to run. He knew Dooku expected him to turn and try to get behind him. He would not expect him to run to the speeder.
杜库逼近洛里安。洛里安依然记得他的步法,杜库应该会先攻击他的左侧。最后一刻,他拼命滚向右侧,杜库的光剑击中石块,石头从中间裂成两半。原本以为简单一招就足以致命的杜库想发动第二次攻击已经太迟了,洛里安已经准备好逃跑了。他知道杜库一定以为他会转身转到他身后,杜库绝不会料到他会跑向飞船。

He had the blaster aimed and ready, but he knew he would get only one shot, and it had to be a good one. It had to be dead solid perfect
洛里安瞄准爆能枪准备射击,他知道他只能射最后一枪了,而且这一枪务必精准、完美无误。

Behind him was a whisper. That was all he heard. He looked down and saw the lightsaber and he thought, how odd, Dooku is behind me, why is the lightsaber in front of me? Then he realized he had been pierced through.
身后传来一声光剑的低吟,这就是他听到的全部。他向下看到光剑,心想,好奇怪啊,杜库明明在我身后,他的光剑怎么跑到我前面来了?他猛然意识到,光剑已经刺穿了他的身体。

He fired the blaster, but the shot went wild. He went down.
他开火了,只不过射击变得异常狂野。他倒下了。

I have failed, he thought. I have failed.
我失败了,他心想,我真的失败了。

Dooku stood over him. He saw the dark eyes like hollow caves. He did not want this to be his last sight. He had lived so long with hate, he could not die with it in his vision. So with a great effort, he turned his head. He saw the rocks of the corridor, the stones both smooth and jagged, and noticed for the first time that they weren't gray, but were veined with silver and black and red and a blue the color of stars....
杜库站在他身旁,俯视着他。他看见杜库漆黑的双眼,就像深不可测的洞穴。他不想让这一幕成为他眼中最后的风景。他生活在仇恨中已经很久了,他不能在死时也看着它。他痛苦地挣扎着扭过头。他看到了走廊里的石块,那些或光滑或粗糙的石块,他头一次注意到原来石头并不都是灰色的,石头中有着各种丰富的颜色:银白色,黑色,红色,还有像星星一样的纯蓝色……

The thought pierced him with the same sure pain as the lightsaber had: What else have I missed?
一种思绪忽然像光剑刺穿他的疼痛一样撕裂了他的心:他究竟迷失了多少美好的东西?

Too late to find out now.
现在一切都太迟了。

He drew the Force around him like a blanket, and with an explosion of color lighting his vision, he smiled and let go of his life.
他让原力像毛毯一样轻轻地裹住他,视线中的五彩斑斓的光点突然爆开,他微笑着,感受着自己的生命流逝殆尽。
没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 13:15 , Processed in 0.066193 second(s), 19 queries .