外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

发表于 2010-6-23 14:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 心无所羁 于 2010-6-24 12:46 编辑

CHAPTER No. 24
第二十四章

Promising to return, Obi-Wan and Anakin raced out of the prison and into the inn. They found Lorian in a secluded area of the lobby, deep in conference with the rulers of Bezim and Vicondor. Obi-Wan and Anakin hovered unseen, able to pick up some of their conversation.
欧比万和阿纳金向两人承诺一定会回来营救他们,然后奔出监狱返回旅馆,发现洛里安正在旅馆大厅的隔间内与Bezim与Vicondor星球的统治者进行会谈。欧比万与阿纳金隐藏在角落里,隐约能听见他们的谈话内容。

"What is happening?" Yura Telamarch asked, his voice full of distress. The ruler of Bezim was a tall humanoid with a domed head and a grave manner. "Do you think Count Dooku is behind the murder of Kash?"
“这到底是怎么回事?”Yura Telamarch问,他的声音充满悲痛。这位Bezim星球统治者长着圆圆的脑袋,是个身材高大举止优雅的人形生物,“你认为杜库伯爵是谋杀Kash的幕后黑手吗?”

"I don't know, Yura," Lorian said. "They've arrested Samish's bodyguards. It could be an internal plot of Delaluna."
“我不知道,Yura,”洛里安回答道,“他们已经拘捕了Samish的贴身保镖,这可能是Delaluna星球内部的阴谋。”

"We are not safe here," Glimmer Uziel, the ruler of Vi-condor, said. She had a musical voice and pale gold skin. Four tiny tentacles waved delicately in the air, like fronds. "What if this is a trap? There are those among my aides who say that Count Dooku will not show up. He has lured us here to kill us all and take the space station by force."
“我们留在这里太危险了,”Vi-condor星球的统治者Glimmer Uziel说,浅金色皮肤的她有着音乐般美妙的嗓音,四只小巧的触角像树叶一样优美地在空中晃动,“如果是个圈套怎么办?我的助手中有很多人都说杜库不会出现,他的目的就是把我们引诱到这儿一网打尽,而后武力占领空间站。”

"Without Samish, our alliance is weaker," Yura said. "No doubt the pressure will increase. What do you think, Lorian?"
“少了Samish,我们的联盟更弱了,”Yura说,“这无疑是向我们施压,你怎么看,洛里安?”

"I think we trust Dooku for now," Lorian answered. He stood. "I suggest you get some rest. The meeting is scheduled to take place in an hour."
“我认为,我们应该暂时相信杜库,”洛里安答道,他站起身,“我提议大家先稍事休息,一个小时后继续开会。”

Reluctantly Yura and Glimmer rose and headed for the stairs. As soon as the rulers were out of sight, Obi-Wan and Anakin walked up to Lorian. "Trust Dooku?" Obi-Wan asked sardonically. "Good advice, Lorian."
Yura和Glimmer有些不情愿地起身走向楼梯。统治者们一散去,欧比万和阿纳金从角落里走出来,“相信杜库?”欧比万讽刺地问道,“不错的建议啊,洛里安。”

"What did you expect me to say?" Lorian asked. "Dooku must not suspect that I am against him."
“那你期望我怎么回答?”洛里安反问道,“不能让杜库怀疑我正与他作对。”

"Are you against him?" Obi-Wan asked. "Things have changed now that Samish Kash is dead. If someone wished to drive a wedge through the alliance, it has worked."
“你是在反对他吗?”欧比万问,“Kash被杀,现在情况有变。如果有人希望在联盟中制造裂痕,他的确成功了。”

"Are you accusing me of killing Samish? He was my friend."
“你指责我谋杀了Samish?他可是我的朋友。”

"So you say. Have you ever heard of Robior Web?" Obi-Wan asked.
“这可是你说的。你听说过Robior Web这个人吗?”欧比万问。

Lorian frowned. "The name is familiar, but..."
洛里安皱起眉头,“这名字很熟悉,但是……”

"He was a Guardian."
“他曾经是个卫队警卫。”

"I could hardly be expected to remember every Guardian."
“我不可能记住所有警卫的名字。”

"He is now working as an assassin."
“他现在成为了一名刺客。”

Lorian took several moments to reply. "He is on Null?"
洛里安停顿了片刻,才回应道:“他现在也在Null星球?”

"Yes. Dane recognized him."
“是的,Dane认出了他。”

Lorian nodded slowly. "You think this Web killed Kash, and I hired him to do it."
洛里安缓缓地点头,“你认为这个叫Web的人杀了Kash,而正是我雇佣了他。”

Obi-Wan said nothing.
欧比万沉默不语。

"I did not," Lorian said. "And if you think about it for a moment you will see that if someone wanted to smash the alliance, the way to do so would be to kill one member and pin the murder on another. It is no accident that the assassin is a former Guardian. Naturally you would suspect me."
“我没有,”洛里安说,“如果仔细想想,你就会发现如果有人想破坏联盟,最佳方式就是谋杀其中一个成员然后诬陷是另一个成员所为。刺客以前是警卫绝不是偶然,顺理成章,你们就会怀疑我。”

"Naturally," Obi-Wan said.
“顺理成章?”欧比万说。

"And that is exactly what Dooku would want Yura and Glimmer to do," Lorian continued. "This is how he works. He waits. He watches. He likes to undermine loyalties. He likes to fracture bonds. He likes to encourage betrayal."
“Yura和Glimmer的反应,正合杜库期望,”洛里安继续说,“这是他的一贯作风,他等待、静观,他喜欢动摇忠诚,瓦解联盟,煽动叛乱。”

All of this was true, but it didn't mean Lorian wasn't guilty. Just clever.
这些话都没错,但并不能证明洛里安无罪,只能说明他很聪明。

"There is more going on here than the Force can sense," Lorian said. "And more than your logic can decipher. There are feelings here, Obi-Wan. And among those feelings are mine for Samish. I did not do it."
“这里发生的事情远比你们能用原力感知到的多,”洛里安说,“也远远超出了你们的逻辑推断能力。欧比万,这里包含着错综复杂的感情。我和Samish之间感情深厚,我真的不是幕后凶手。”

"We have only your word for it, along with everything else," Obi-Wan said. "That is the problem."
“我们只有你的一面之词,和一些琐碎的证据,”欧比万说,“这才是问题所在。”

"There is only one solution to the problem, then," Lorian said. "You must trust me."
“那么只有一个办法解决这个问题,”洛里安说,“你们必须相信我。”

"Can you give me any reason to do so?" Obi-Wan asked.
“你能给我个相信你的理由吗?”欧比万问。

Lorian hesitated. "No. I cannot prove my honesty."
洛里安犹豫了,“不能,我无法证明我是清白的。”

"Then we'll continue to suspect you," Anakin said.
“既然如此,我们会继续怀疑你,”阿纳金说。

"We come from the same place," Lorian said, looking at them both. "I was raised in the Temple. I fell away from its teachings for a time. Why? I was afraid. I was young and alone and I took a step forward, the only step I felt I could take. Then I took another, and another, and I ended up in a life I didn't recognize."
“我们来自同一个地方,”洛里安注视着他们两说,“我也是在圣殿长大,我也的确有一段时间迷失了。那是因为我非常害怕,年少无知,无人指导。我凭着自己的感觉,向前走了一步,然后另一步,再一步,直到走到一种我自己都不熟悉的生活中了。”

"These are excuses," Obi-Wan said. "Tell that to the people of Junction 5. Tell that to Cilia Dil."
“那些都是借口,”欧比万说,“你可以留着对Junction5星球的人民说,留着对Cilia Dil说。”

"I harmed my people," Lorian admitted. "And I must say that Cilia is not one of my supporters. She can't forget what I was. I know all I have are excuses. When you live a life filled with wrong, what else do you have but excuses and blame?" He paused. "Do you believe in redemption, Obi-Wan?"
“我伤害过我的人民,”洛里安坦诚,“我也承认,Cilia并不是我的支持者,她不能忘记我过去的作为。我知道我所说的都是借口罢了。将心比心,你如果生活在一个黑白颠倒的世道里,除了找些借口抱怨,还能做什么?”他停顿了一下,“你相信救赎吗,欧比万?”

Obi-Wan had been asked the question, but it was Anakin who spoke up. "I do."
曾经有人问过欧比万同样的问题,却是阿纳金抢先答道,“我相信。”

"I do, as well, young Anakin Skywalker," Lorian said. "It is what keeps me going. At the end of my life, I will do good. That's all I can tell you for now."
“我也一样,年轻的天行者,”洛里安说,“这也是支撑我前进的动力,直到生命的最后一刻,我都将为善。我现在只能告诉你们这么多了。”

"Do you believe him?" Anakin asked as they walked outside the inn.
“你相信他吗?”两人走出旅馆,阿纳金问道。

"I think he talks well," Obi-Wan said. "And I don't know what to believe. Not yet." Would Qui-Gon have known? He had always seemed to know who to trust.
“我想他说的不错,”欧比万说,“只是我不知道到底该相信什么。至少现在不是。”如果魁刚在,他应该有办法吧,他好像总是知道应该相信谁。

"You are too hard on beings sometimes," Anakin said. "Mistakes are made. Things happen. That means that change can happen, too."
“你有时太过挑剔了,”阿纳金说,“谁都会犯错误。过去的事无可挽回,并不代表犯错之人会一成不变。”

"The meaning of life is change," Obi-Wan said, startled at Anakin's characterization of him. The charge stung. He did not think he was hard on other beings. Perhaps that had been true once, but he had learned from Qui-Gon. "I didn't say I didn't believe Lorian. But I can't discount the rest of his life just because he tells me I should. If he is in league with Dooku, we should find out what they are planning. And if he is not in league with Dooku, we should still find out."
“生活的意义在于变化,”欧比万说。阿纳金如此评价他,欧比万心里不由吃了一惊,这让他心痛不已,他并不觉得他待人刻薄,也许曾经如此,但是他从魁刚那儿已经学会了许多。“我没说我不信任洛里安,我只是不能单凭他的一面之词,就忽略了他以往的作为。如果他暗自勾结杜库,我们就要查明他们的阴谋,如果他没有,我们同样要找出真相。”

"So what's our next step?" Anakin asked.
“那么,下一步?”阿纳金问。

"Do you have any suggestions?" Obi-Wan asked.
“你有什么建议?”欧比万问。

"I have a question," Anakin said. "If Robior Web was hired to kill Samish Kash, he has accomplished his objective. Why is he still on Null? Assassins seldom hang around after they finish an assignment."
“我有个问题,”阿纳金说,“如果Web是受雇于人刺杀Kash,任务已完,他为什么还停留在Null星球?刺客完成任务后,几乎不会滞留在案发地。”

"He was going to meet Lorian and give his report," Obi-Wan said.
“他需要去见洛里安,向他汇报,”欧比万说。

"That could be true," Anakin said, "but usually that is done by comlink or dataport. Usually an assassin and his employer don't like to be seen together."
“也许是的,”阿纳金说,“但是这些事情一般是通过通讯器或是数据传输完成的。通常情况,他的雇主害怕被人看见他与刺客在一起。”

"So if he's still on Null, he could have another assignment to accomplish before the meeting," Obi-Wan said. "Maybe we should find him."
“这么说来,刺客之所以留在Null星球,是因为在这次会议前,他还有其他任务需要完成。”欧比万说,“也许我们应该先找到他。”

"Sure," Anakin said. "But how? It's a big mountain."
“当然,”阿纳金说,“可是怎么找?这里都是大山。”

"Exactly," Obi-Wan said. "If I were Web, I'd want transport. His was destroyed. I'd need to do it without attracting any attention, so that lets out stealing one from a villager or an aide. But he knows where another one is - "
“确实,”欧比万说,“他的交通工具已被摧毁,如果我是Web,首先需要找个交通工具,但又不能引起他人注意,所以排除从村民或是助手那儿偷的可能性,而且他还知道有一架……”

Anakin grinned and finished the sentence. " - just hanging around."
阿纳金狡黠地一笑,接话说:“——就挂在树上。”

When they got to where Dane's speeder was hanging emeshed in the spiderweb, Robior Web was in the tree, trying to slice the web with his vibroblade. It was clear he had been trying for some time to release the swoop. His hands and tunic were covered with the sticky, ropy web. He had managed to free the back of the swoop, and it hung suspended from the handlebars, which were covered in the sticky goo. Below on the ground, a dead reclumi spider lay in pieces, a victim of the same vibroblade, no doubt when it tried to defend its web.
当两人走近挂着Dane飞梭摩托的蜘蛛网时,Web正在树上,用振动刀费力地砍蜘蛛网。显然,他花了不少时间试图将飞梭摩托弄下来,以至于手、上衣都粘上了一层粘乎乎的丝状蜘蛛网。飞梭摩托的尾部已经摆脱了蜘蛛网的缠绕,只有前部把手处被一团粘稠物裹住,悬在半空中。树下有一只被大卸八块的蜘蛛残尸,毫无疑问它是在保卫蜘蛛网时,成了同一把振动刀的刀下鬼。

Robior Web consulted a chrono, then attacked the web even more fiercely. He succeeded only in winding a large tendril of the web around his arm. They could not hear his curses, but they could see his frustration.
Robior Web看了一眼计时器,然后更加凶猛地挥刀砍网。一条巨大的蜘蛛网线缠住了他的手臂,他刚刚成功地将它移除,两人虽然听不清他的咒骂声,却可以感觉到他万分沮丧。

"Time is running out," Obi-Wan murmured. "My guess is he has an appointment."
“时间不够了,”欧比万小声嘀咕道,“我猜他有一个重要的约会。”

With one last savage thrust, Robior Web managed to cut loose a ropy tendril, but it flopped away, then smacked back against the body of the swoop. Now it was more enmeshed than ever.
又一次野蛮的刀砍,Robior Web终于松动了那根蜘蛛丝,可是蜘蛛丝网又缠绕住飞梭摩托的机身,飞梭摩托再次陷入蜘蛛网中,情况变得更加棘手。

With a strangled cry, the assassin dropped from the tree and hit the ground. He began to run.
刺客忽然大叫一声,从树上跳到地上,拔腿就跑。

Obi-Wan and Anakin followed. They had to keep well behind, but it was easy to track his progress through the forest. He was heading around the mountain but climbing steadily.
欧比万和阿纳金保持隐蔽,不紧不慢地跟在刺客后面。透过林木,依然可以非常容易地追踪刺客的行迹——他正朝着山上稳步爬升。

"I think he's heading for the landing platform," Obi-Wan said. "We'll be coming at it from above."
“我认为他要去那个升降台,”欧比万说,“我们从上面绕过去。”

After a hard climb, they realized Obi-Wan was right. Robior Web climbed over a peak and disappeared below. Obi-Wan and Anakin waited a moment, then climbed behind him and peered over the edge. Web was moving down toward the landing platform below.
经过一段艰辛的攀爬,事实证实欧比万的推断是正确的。Robior Web越过山峰,消失在山后。欧比万和阿纳金稍候片刻,也跟着爬了过去,在山峰上俯瞰,Web正朝着下面升降台的方向移动。

Suddenly the sun was blocked out overhead. They looked up. A large transport was hovering. Robior Web quickened his pace and almost slid down to the deserted landing platform.
忽然间,巨大的阴影掠过头顶,两人抬头望去,一架大型飞船在天空中滑过。Robior Web加快了脚步,几乎飞一般奔向人烟稀少的升降台。

Behind the large transport, a sleek interstellar sloop dropped down from the sky, a sail ship, like none other in the galaxy.
那架大型飞船下,一只光亮的星际飞船降落下来,还带着风帆,这样的飞船在银河系中是独一无二的。

"Dooku has arrived," Obi-Wan said.
“杜库来了,”欧比万说。

The solar sailer landed. The landing ramp slid down and the tall, elegant figure of Count Dooku emerged. Obi-Wan felt Anakin tense. Unconsciously, he touched the metal hand that had replaced the one Dooku had severed.
太阳帆船降落在平台上,舷梯自动放了下来,杜库高大优雅的身影出现了,欧比万立刻感觉到阿纳金的紧张情绪。阿纳金不自觉地触摸着被杜库砍掉而替换成金属的手臂。

"So Dooku hired the assassin," Obi-Wan muttered as Robior Web skidded to a stop in front of
Dooku, then bowed. "With or without Lorian, we don't know."
“如此看来,是杜库雇佣了刺客,”欧比万小声说着,Robior Web跳到杜库面前,鞠躬问好。“不知道洛里安是否参与其中。”

Distracted, he had not realized Anakin was rising until his Padawan was almost to his feet.
欧比万稍一分神,没有注意到阿纳金几乎要站了起来。

"Anakin what are you doing? Get down!"
“阿纳金,你在干什么?隐蔽!”

"Let's get him now," Anakin said.
“我们现在就解决他,”阿纳金说。

"Get down!" Obi-Wan insisted. To his relief, Anakin crouched down again. He faced him, his eyes full of fire and purpose.
“蹲下!”欧比万坚持己见。让他松了一口气的是,阿纳金蹲了下来。他直视欧比万,眼里充满了怒火和不解。

"We have our chance to end it here," Anakin said. "Let's kill him. We can take him together. We won't make the same mistakes this time."
“我们现在有机会在这里结束一切,”阿纳金说,“我们可以一起对付他、杀了他,这次不会再犯同样的错误了。”

"Like being reckless and rushing him without a plan?" Obi-Wan asked pointedly. "It is what cost you your hand last time, and you are doing it again, Padawan."
“毫无计划、猛撞袭击,不就是同样的错误吗?”欧比万尖锐地指出,“徒弟,上次为此你失去了一只手臂,现在又想重蹈覆辙吗?”

"What are we waiting for?" Anakin asked. "We missed him at Raxus Prime, but we won't here. If we kill him, we kill the Separatist movement. What is one life against thousands? Maybe millions?"
“我们还等什么?”阿纳金反问道,“在Raxus Prime星球,我们就痛失机会,这次我们不能再次错失机会。如果我们杀了他,就等于终结了分裂主义运动。杜库一人的性命,可以使成千上万,甚至几百万的生命免遭伤害,杀了他有错吗?”

"Anakin - "
“阿纳金——”

"He killed our brothers and sisters on Geonosis," Anakin said bitterly. "Have you forgotten how they died?"
“在吉奥诺西斯星球,他杀害了那么多我们的兄弟姐妹,”阿纳金痛苦地说,“难道你忘记他们是怎么死的吗?”

"I remember it every moment," Obi-Wan said. "But this is not the time. This is not the way."
“我无时无刻不铭记在心,”欧比万说,“但现在不是时候,也不能采取这种方法。”

"You don't know what I can do," Anakin said, and there was an ominous tone in his voice. "My connection to the Force is stronger than yours. I'm telling you I can do it! No matter what you say."
“你并不清楚我的力量,”阿纳金说,他的声音里带着可怖的意味,“我的原力感应远比你强大,不管你怎么说,我告诉你我能做到!”

Obi-Wan was shocked. "You are still my apprentice," he said sharply. "I am your Master. You must obey." The set of Anakin's mouth was sullen.
欧比万惊呆了,“你还是我的徒弟,”他严厉地说,“我是你的师父,你必须遵从我。”阿纳金不再顶嘴,显得闷闷不乐。

"Anakin, you must trust me," Obi-Wan said forcefully. "There will be another time to face Dooku. This is not the time.
“阿纳金,你必须相信我,”欧比万显得充满信心,“以后还会有机会直面杜库,现在不是时候。”

Anakin looked at him. The sullen look was gone. His gaze was clear and cool. Obi-Wan could almost read contempt in it. But as the thought occurred to him, the look was gone. Had he really seen it?
阿纳金看着欧比万,忿恨的神色逐渐消失。阿纳金的眼神清澈冷酷,欧比万几乎可以从中读出高傲的轻蔑。只是欧比万脑海里刚闪现出这种想法,阿纳金脸上的表情就消失了。他的确看见了吗?

"Look below," Obi-Wan said. "What do you think is in that transport? Super battle droids. We would be dead before we took two steps on that platform. They're being unloaded now."
“你看底下,”欧比万说,“你知道那飞船里是什么?超级战斗机器人。只要我们一踏上平台,就必死无疑。它们马上就要装卸完毕了。”

Anakin looked down at the platform. Lines of droids clicked into formation as they rolled off the transport. Obi-Wan could see the way Anakin's mind focused on the immediate problem. He could almost feel Anakin's anger drain away.
阿纳金向下望去,成排的机器人从飞船里滚下来,排成队伍。欧比万感觉到阿纳金的注意力转移到眼前的问题上了,他的愤怒逐渐消失了。

But why had it been there in the first place? Obi-Wan had a feeling he had seen a flash of something much deeper than he'd ever known before.
但是刚才为什么会出现那种现象?欧比万有种直觉,他似乎看到了一种更深层次的东西,一种他前所未知的东西。

"He is taking no chances," Obi-Wan guessed. "If things do not go his way at the meeting, he will use force."
“杜库从不冒险,”欧比万推测道,“如果这次会议没有达成他的意愿,他一定会使用暴力。”

Reluctantly, Anakin tore his gaze away. "We should warn them."
阿纳金不情愿地移回目光:“我们应该提前警告他们。”

"Yes," Obi-Wan said. "But who? Any one of them could be secretly in league with Dooku. We must consider our next step carefully. We must figure out who to talk to first."
“没错,”欧比万说,“但是应该告诉谁?他们当中或许就潜伏着杜库的同伙。我们下一步行动必须小心谨慎,先得找出一个人来商谈。”

"I say we talk to Floria," Anakin said.
“我想,我们可以去找Floria。”阿纳金说。

"Why Floria?" Obi-Wan asked, puzzled. He didn't know what Anakin was thinking. He rarely did, anymore. But at least he was glad they were talking.
“为什么是她?”欧比万迷惑不解。他不知道阿纳金是怎么想的,实际上欧比万也很少清楚阿纳金的想法,但至少他很高兴阿纳金能和他讨论。

"I sense she is not telling all she knows," Anakin said. Obi-Wan thought back. He realized that he had picked up something from Floria, too. But he had been too focused on Lorian to consider it.
“我感觉到她没有把她知道的一切都告诉我们,”阿纳金说。欧比万回想了一下,也发觉Floria有许多古怪之处,只是他一直将注意力放在洛里安身上,没有察觉到罢了。

Your mind must be everywhere at once, Padawan. The truth has many sides.
你必须留意每个细节,徒弟,真相总是有富有层次。

Yes, Qui-Gon.
是的,魁刚。

"There is more going on here than the Force can sense," Anakin said, repeating Lorian's words. "Feelings, he said. What did he mean?"
“这里发生的事情远比我们用原力能感知到的多,”阿纳金重复着洛里安的话,“他说的是感情,他到底想表达什么?”

"I don't know," Obi-Wan said.
“我不清楚,”欧比万说。

"That is why we must talk to Floria," Anakin said. He rose to his feet in one quick movement and began to run. Obi-Wan had to put on a burst of speed to catch up.
“这也是为什么我们必须和Floria谈谈的原因,”阿纳金说着,快速起身奔跑。欧比万不得不使用原力加速追上阿纳金。

"Do you remember," Anakin said, "how upset she was when the body of Samish Kash was found?"
“还记得吗?”阿纳金说,“当她发现Samish Kash的尸体时,有多伤心吗?”

"She had failed in her mission to protect him," Obi-Wan said.
“那只是因为她没有尽到保护他的职责罢了,”欧比万说。

"I think the loss was more personal," Anakin said. "And later she called him 'Samish.' Dane always calls him 'Kash.' I think she's in love with him."
“我认为其中包含了更多的私人感情,”阿纳金说,“之后的叙述中,她叫他Samish,而Dane却称呼他为Kash,我猜她应该正和他恋爱。”

"How is that relevant to our mission?"
“这跟我们的任务有什么关系?”

Anakin shot him a sidelong look. Amazing that they were running hard down a mountain, and Anakin could still have the energy for a healthy dose of scorn.
阿纳金猛地瞥了欧比万一眼,两人正在飞速奔向山下,令人惊讶的是,阿纳金依然可以保持如此旺盛的傲气。

"Love is always relevant, Master," he said.
“爱总是包罗万象的,师父。”他答道。
没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

絕地學徒

主题

帖子

精华

扩张区域

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2010-6-23 20:30 | 显示全部楼层
小書很久沒有連載呢,支持一下
星球大戰是生命,看足球是食糧
@_@是我專用的符號,不是代表@@,不是代表暈...

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 08:30 , Processed in 0.067430 second(s), 19 queries .