精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

发表于 2010-1-28 19:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
CHAPTER No. 22
第二十二章

Three blasts of a horn sounded as Obi-Wan and Anakin raced up the trail. They found Samish Kash lying a few meters off the main path. Villagers crowded around him, and a speeder arrived. Samish Kash was loaded onto it. Obi-Wan saw the blaster wound near his heart. He was a young man with curly dark hair, dressed in a plain tunic. As far as Obi-Wan could tell, he was unarmed.
警报长鸣了三声,欧比万与阿纳金沿着小路冲上山。在离主道几米远的地方,他们发现Samish Kash躺在地上,周围一群村民正在围观。一架飞船驶来,将Samish Kash的尸体抬了上去。欧比万看到爆能枪造成的伤口近及心脏——Samish Kash是个黑色卷发的年轻男子,穿着一身朴素的束腰宽外衣。据欧比万观察判断,他没带武器装备。

Lorian Nod stood by, his face full of sorrow. He acknowledged the Jedi with a glance, then leaped aboard the speeder that held the body of Kash.
洛里安•诺德站在一旁,脸上充满悲痛的表情。他用目光和绝地打了招呼,然后跳上载有Kash尸体的飞船。

Obi-Wan saw the young woman in green turn away. Her shoulders were shaking. The hunter with the impressive arsenal put a hand underneath her elbow.
欧比万忽然看见那个身着绿装的年轻女子背过身,她的肩膀颤抖着,而那个装备得像军火库的猎人正用手托住她的肘部。

"An aide to Samish Kash," one of the villagers whispered. "She found his body."
“那是Samish Kash的助手,”一个村民小声说道,“是她发现了尸体。”

Then we will most definitely need to talk to her, Obi-Wan thought. He watched the young woman and the hunter. Now his mind was clicking. They were arguing in a way that told him they were not strangers. Obi-Wan began to drift closer, hoping to overhear. But they kept moving away from the circle of villagers, the woman trying to get away from the hunter while still talking to him.
那么,我们必须和她谈一谈,欧比万心想。他望着年轻女子和猎人,头脑逐渐清晰起来。他们正在争论的方式告诉欧比万,他与这两个人并不是互不相识的陌生人。欧比万慢慢靠近他们,想偷听两人的谈话,但他们却不断远离围观的村民,那个年轻女子似乎试图甩开那个猎人,却又不停地和他交谈。

As she made an abrupt move to turn away, her hood fell back, and he saw that she had blond hair, braided tightly and coiled around her head. Then he caught a flash of wide blue eyes. The hunter spoke urgently in her ear.
当她猛地转身离开时,她的兜帽掉了下来,欧比万看到了她金色的头发,紧密地编成辫子盘在头上。然后,他又瞥见她蓝色的大眼睛。那个猎人还在她耳边急切地说着什么。

"It's Floria and Dane," Obi-Wan said.
“是Floria和Dane,”欧比万说。

Anakin looked where Obi-Wan had indicated. "The brother and sister bounty hunters we met on Ragoon-6? How can you be sure? It was so long ago. "
阿纳金向欧比万暗示的地方望去:“我们在Ragoon5星球上遇到的赏金猎人兄妹?你肯定?这可是很久以前的事了。”

"Look carefully."
“你仔细看。”

Anakin studied them. "You're right. What are bounty hunters doing here?"
阿纳金端详两人一番:“你说得对,赏金猎人来这里干什么?”

"Exactly what I'd like to find out."
“这也是我想弄清楚的。”

The two Jedi moved quickly through the crowd. Floria and Dane had now moved well away from the commotion.
两名绝地迅速穿过人群,此时Floria和Dane正趁着混乱逃离人群。

"If you had done what you were supposed to - " Dane was saying.
“如果你当初尽了职责——”Dane正说着。

"So you're saying it's my fault?" Floria's voice was choked with anger and tears. "You always - "
“这么说,你认为都是我的错?”Floria的声音因为愤怒和泪水而哽咽着,“你总是——”

"You never - " Dane stopped talking as Obi-Wan and Anakin walked up.
“你从来就不——”欧比万和阿纳金走了上来,Dane停止了对话。

"I must confess I never expected to see you again," Obi-Wan said.
“我得承认,真想不到会再次见到你们,”欧比万说。

Floria and Dane stared at them for a long moment.
Floria和Dane吃惊地注视了他们很长时间。

"Black holes and novas, it's the Jedi," Dane said. Now Obi-Wan could see his blue eyes, so much like Floria's. "What are you two doing here?"
“天啊,你们是绝地武士,”Dane说,现在欧比万可以看到他蓝色的双眼,跟Floria的眼睛十分相似,“你们在这儿做什么?”

"Which is exactly what I want to know about you two," Obi-Wan said, steering them farther away from the others, and underneath the trees. "Who are you hunting? Are you involved in the death of Samish Kash?"
“这也是我们想知道的,”欧比万说着,将他们带离人群,走到树下,“你们在追杀谁?是不是参与谋杀了Samish Kash?”

"No!" Dane exclaimed. "We're his bodyguards!"
“没有!”Dane争辩道,“我们是他的贴身保镖!”

"Obviously, you are doing an excellent job," Anakin said. Floria burst into tears.
“不用说了,这次你们干得相当漂亮,”阿纳金说,Floria却大哭起来。

"Bounty hunting was getting too dangerous," Dane said, handing his sister a cloth to wipe her tears. "There were so many of us out there that all honor was lost. Some were using truly cutthroat techniques."
“赏金猎人的工作越来越危险,”Dane说着,递给他妹妹一张手帕擦眼泪,“太多的赏金猎人为了生计不择手段,更有甚者开始使用极为卑鄙的技术方法。”

"I've seen a few," Obi-Wan concurred.
“我也见过一些,”欧比万同意道。

"So we decided to become bodyguards. It's simpler. Samish Kash hired us a couple of months ago for protection. He didn't want the usual big goons or guard droids. He didn't want anyone to know. So Floria posed as an aide, and I just used disguises. Then this meeting was called. Samish told us to be especially careful. He's the glue that keeps the Station 88 Spaceport alliance together. Without him, it would fall apart. He's the one everyone trusts. So he thought if some group wanted to take over the spaceport, they'd go for him first." Dane looked distraught. "Then instead of staying in my sight, or Floria's, the way he promised, he disappeared. I followed, and.."
“所以我们决定改行当保镖,事情比你们想象的简单得多,Samish Kash几个月前雇用了我们保护他,他不想用通常的大块头或者保安机器人,也不想让任何人知道。所以Floria就扮成助手,我就身着便装。这次开会,Samish嘱咐我们要格外小心,他是88号空间站联盟的粘合剂,没有他,联盟可能就会分裂,他是其他统治者都信任的人,他认为如果有人想控制空间站,一定会先对他下手。”Dane看起来心烦意乱,“他本来答应我们,会保持在我们视线范围内,却突然消失了,我追了上来,结果……”

"You found him dead?"
“你们就发现他已经死了?”

"Lying there," Dane said "Shot in the heart."
“他就倒在那儿,”Dane说,“正中心脏。”

"And you saw nothing?"
“你们什么也没看到?”

"What does it matter?" Floria asked them. She had wiped her tears away and her face was pale. "He's dead."
“问这些还有意义吗?”Floria反问他们,她擦干眼泪,脸色苍白,“他已经死了。”

Dane shook his head. "I was too late." He looked off into the trees. "I should have - " Dane stopped abruptly and squinted into the trees.
Dane也摇着头:“太迟了。”忽然他掉转视线,向树上看去,“我本应该——”Dane突然停住,眯着眼睛看树上。

Without another word, Dane took off. He raced to his swoop hovering nearby in suspended mode. He leaped aboard and took off.
Dane一句话也没说,突然转身冲到他停在一旁处于悬浮状态的飞梭摩托,跳上飞船直追了过去。

"Come on, Anakin," Obi-Wan said, spurting forward. "We'll have to follow on foot."
“快点,阿纳金,”欧比万向前一跃,“我们得跑步追上。”

The trees were dense here, and Obi-Wan could see ahead that Dane was having trouble navigating between the trunks. He had to continually slow his speed. He was obviously chasing someone ahead of him on a swoop, which appeared and disappeared through the trees.
这里林木茂盛,欧比万能看到前面的Dane费力地在树木间穿行,速度不得不一降再降。很明显,他在追一个同样骑着飞梭摩托、在树林中时隐时现的人。

They gained on Dane, hurtling through the spaces between the trees. When they were meters away, Anakin leaped high to grab a tree branch. Using the momentum, he swung forward and dropped neatly on the back of Dane's swoop. The swoop lurched and careened toward a massive tree trunk. Dane let out a piercing yell. Calmly, Anakin stood on the back of the swoop and leaned forward to grab the controls. He steered away from the trunk, circled, and came back to Obi-Wan.
他们在树木的空隙中飞驰,逐渐追上Dane。当他们只有几米的距离时,阿纳金高高跃起,抓住一根树枝,利用反弹力,向前飞去,准确地落在Dane飞梭摩托的后座上。飞梭摩托颠簸了一下,几乎要侧翻撞向前方的大树干,Dane大声尖叫,阿纳金却冷静地从后座站起身,向前抓住操纵柄,驾驶摩托躲过树干,向后转弯,来接欧比万。

"He'll get away!" Dane cried.
“他要溜走了!”Dane大叫道。

"Who?" Obi-Wan asked.
“谁?”欧比万问。

"I don't know! But I think he killed Kash!" Dane cried breathlessly. "I don't know where I know him from, but I know him. He's a bounty hunter."
“我不知道!不过我认为他就是杀害Kash的凶手!”Dane上气不接下气地喊道,“我记不得何时见过他,但我认识他,他是个赏金猎人!”

"Mind if we take over?" Obi-Wan asked Dane.
“介意我们接手吗?”欧比万问Dane。

He jumped off the swoop. "Be my guest. Just be careful with my swoop!" he yelled after them as Anakin sent the engines screaming to maximum.
他跳下飞梭摩托:“请便吧,小心照看好我的摩托!”他在他们身后叫喊着,引擎一声尖叫,阿纳金将引擎开到了最大。

Suddenly, Obi-Wan wished he were driving.
欧比万突然希望那个驾驶的人是他自己。

The suspect glanced back once and saw they were still following. He chose a difficult route through the trees. The narrow spaces were hard to get through, especially at high speeds. Anakin flipped the swoop, turning constantly to come at the openings at the best angle, never slackening speed. He crashed through leaves and branches. They were gaining, but Obi-Wan was positive he'd lose an arm or an ear in the process.
嫌疑犯回头看了一眼,发觉他们还在紧追不舍,就选择了一条穿过树木的艰难路径,这条路非常狭小,特别是在高速行驶的情况下很难穿过。阿纳金翻转飞梭摩托,不停地转弯以从最佳的角度切入到树林空隙,速度却丝毫不减。阿纳金在树叶和树枝中横冲直撞,他们正逐渐赶上嫌疑犯,只是欧比万确信在这个过程中,他一定会撞坏一条胳膊或是刮坏一只耳朵。

"Do you think you could slow down?" Obi-Wan yelled over the sound of cracking twigs and the screaming engines.
“你觉得你能慢点吗?”欧比万的叫喊声穿破了树枝折断和引擎嘶鸣的嘈杂声。

"And miss all the fun?" Anakin asked, executing a quick left turn, flipping the swoop, then flipping it back again. Obi-Wan tried to find his breath.
“那样岂不是一点意思都没有了吗?”阿纳金反问道,猛地一个左转,翻转飞梭摩托,紧接着又是一个反转,欧比万吓得屏住呼吸。

The ground was rising sharply. The suspect pushed his speed. He careened through two trees, lost control, and the swoop flipped over and scraped the side of the next tree, sending the swoop spinning wildly. The assassin leaped off a moment before the swoop crashed into a large tree. He hit the ground and ran.
地面突然急剧上升,嫌疑犯加快了速度,在两棵树中间侧翻,摩托失去控制,翻了个底朝天,擦过另一棵树,狂野地打起转。刺客跳下摩托,摔在地上,连忙起身逃跑了,而那摩托随后就在一棵大树上撞得粉碎。

"We've got him now," Anakin said, gunning the engine.
“我们抓住他了,”阿纳金说着加大了引擎。

Obi-Wan caught a blur of large brown spots speckling the tree trunks as they zoomed fast. A strange mold? he wondered. The spots had hairs that waved in the air like legs. They were legs, he realized.
就在他们加快速度时,欧比万忽然模糊地预感到有许多棕色的斑点散布在树干上。是一种奇怪的霉菌?他心里暗想。那斑点似乎还长着毛发,像许多小腿一样在风中飘动——真的是腿,欧比万忽然意识到。

Spiders. About the size of a small rodent animal. Obi-Wan had read about them in his briefing notes on the journey to Null. They weren't poisonous, but one had to watch out for their web.
是蜘蛛,几乎有小型啮齿目动物一般大小的蜘蛛。欧比万曾经在前往Null星球的旅途中在一份简介中读过。它们无毒,却也应该格外小心它们的网。

"Anakin, watch out!"
“阿纳金,小心!”

Ahead the sunlight had just caught the silky threads of the giant web slung between the trees. The swoop hit it head-on. The web did not break. The reclumi species of spider had a web so strong it could stop a moving vehicle.
前方,在阳光的照耀下,刚好可以清晰地看到一张巨大的蜘蛛网,如丝绸般闪亮的丝线横挂在树中间,飞梭摩托迎面撞了上去,蜘蛛网却丝毫无损。这种蜘蛛织出的网如此强硬,竟然能抵挡住一架飞行中的交通工具。

It did.
这可是千真万确。

评分

查看全部评分

没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

主题

帖子

精华

中环

原力
水晶

同盟

发表于 2010-3-12 23:15 | 显示全部楼层
一口气看完了这22章,精彩的故事!
其实翻译有时候不用逐字逐句。
通俗易懂,平易近人,反而让人更感亲切。
不知道什么时候会有新故事,期待楼主的更新!

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 10:55 , Processed in 0.068299 second(s), 20 queries .