精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

邦联

发表于 2011-1-26 00:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
CHAPTER No. 27
第二十七章

Anakin sat on the cold ground, watching the streaks of orange cut through the gray, The sun was rising. "It is time to go," Obi-Wan said.
阿纳金坐在冰冷的地面上,注视着地上阳光穿过灰影形成的橙色条纹。太阳正缓缓升起,“该走了,”欧比万说道。

Anakin rose. He was tired after having moved the hundreds of large stones that had barred their exit.
阿纳金站起来,上次搬完上百块挡住出口的石头后,阿纳金就一直很疲倦。

"I've brought Lorian's body aboard," Obi-Wan said. He stood next to Anakin, facing the rising sun. "We will take him back to the Temple."
“洛里安的尸体已经被我安放在飞船上,”欧比万站在阿纳金身旁,面对着冉冉升起的太阳说,“我们带他回圣殿。”

They had found him in the corridor with a blaster nearby, his eyes open and, oddly, a faint smile on his face. There was evidence of a struggle in the disturbance in the dirt. Blaster fire had marked the rocks. They could see the acceleration blast marks from a speeder. Dooku had escaped.
他们在走廊里发现了洛里安的尸体,一只爆能枪扔在一旁,洛里安双眼微睁,脸上还带着一丝奇怪的微笑。尘土上有明显的打斗痕迹,石块上也留有爆能枪子弹的印记,还可以看间飞梭加速时射击的弹痕——杜库逃走了。

"Lorian went up against impossible odds," Obi-Wan said. "He was never more a Jedi than at the last."
“洛里安奋力完成艰难的使命,”欧比万说,“在生命的最后一刻,他回归了绝地。”

"So redemption is possible," Anakin said.
“这么说,救赎是存在的,”阿纳金说。

"Of course it is," Obi-Wan said. "As long as there is breath, there is hope. If not, what are we fighting for?"
“当然,”欧比万说,“只要活着,就有希望,如果不是那样,我们又是为何而战?”

"I wish I didn't feel that I had failed," Anakin said. "Dooku escaped. The Station 88 Spaceport is saved for the Republic, but for how long? What is to stop Dooku from trying to kill them again?"
“我讨厌这种无能为力的感觉,”阿纳金说,“杜库逃脱了,88号空间站虽然回归了共和国,但是又能持续多久?杜库如果再来谋杀他们,谁又能阻止?”

"We are," Obi-Wan said.
“我们能,”欧比万说。

"There is such darkness ahead," Anakin said. He stopped outside the cruiser and looked up at the stars. They were fading in the growing light. "I can feel it. It weighs on me."
“前途如此黑暗无光,”阿纳金说,他在飞船外停下脚步,仰望天空中的晨星,在太阳的光芒中,它们逐渐消退,“我能感受到那种压迫感。”

You worry too much. Qui-Gon had told Obi-Wan this, more than once. Was that his legacy to Anakin? He had tried to give him so much more.
你过于忧虑了,魁刚不止一次这样对欧比万说。难道这句话也会成为他给阿纳金的教诲?欧比万曾经努力地教给他更多的东西。

"You didn't fail here, Anakin," Obi-Wan said. "Our mission was to ensure that the spaceport didn't fall to the Separatists, and to gather information. We succeeded. Dooku's villa contains valuable data."
“这次你没有失败,阿纳金,”欧比万说,“我们的任务是保证空间站不落入分裂主义者的手中,并且获取情报,我们成功了,杜库的别墅里有许多珍贵的数据。”

"A small victory," Anakin said with a curl of his lip. "Can we win a war that way?"
“微不足道的胜利,”阿纳金撅着嘴说,“靠这种方式,我们能赢得一场战争吗?”

He had not reached him. Anakin had wanted to end the Clone Wars here. He had wanted to destroy Count Dooku. His ambition would always be greater than every mission. Obi-Wan saw that clearly, and it pierced him. He had taught Anakin everything, and Anakin had learned much - but had he missed the most important things?
欧比万没有完全明白阿纳金的意思。阿纳金想要在这里结束克隆人战争,他要打败杜库伯爵。阿纳金的雄心总是超出每次任务规定的内容,欧比万看在眼里,这也让他很痛心,他已经把一切都教给了阿纳金,阿纳金也学会了很多,但看起来欧比万还是遗漏了最重要的东西?

I have failed, Qui-Gon. I have failed.
我失败了,魁刚,我真的失败了。

They walked up the landing ramp. Anakin slid behind the controls. Obi-Wan sat at the computer to enter the coordinates for their journey back. On the surface, everything was as it had always been.
两人走上飞船舷梯,阿纳金坐在控制面板前,欧比万在电脑上设定返程坐标位置。一如往常,地面上的一切远离他们而去。

Soon they would be ending their journey together.
很快他们就会结束最后的旅程了。

They both knew it. He had never had to bid good-bye to Qui-Gon as a Master. He was still Qui-Gon's Padawan when he died. Maybe that was the reason he felt so close to him still.
两人都心知肚明。欧比万从来没有机会对他的师父魁刚说声再见,在他还是学徒时魁刚就去世了。也许这就是欧比万直到现在依然觉得魁刚还在他身边的原因。

He did not know if Qui-Gon would have left him with words of wisdom, with a direction to follow. Now he had no way of knowing what else he could give Anakin. He had given him everything he could. It wasn't enough.
欧比万不知道魁刚如果处在这种情况下,是否会给他留下智慧的箴言或是明确的指导。此时此刻,他真不知道还有什么应该教给阿纳金的,欧比万已经倾囊相授,虽然这些还远远不够。

Sadness filled Obi-Wan as they blasted into the upper atmosphere. He loved Anakin Skywalker, but he did not truly know him. The most important things he had to teach he had not taught. He would have to let him go, knowing that. He would have to let him go.
飞船进入上层大气,欧比万心中忽然充满了悲伤,他对阿纳金倾注了全部的关爱,却不能真正地了解他的内心。欧比万应该教授的最重要的东西,他没来得及教给阿纳金。尽管如此,欧比万不得不放手让阿纳金离开他独自前行。(全书完)

很愧疚隔了这么长时间才完成最后三章的更新,从开始动笔翻译到基本成形近两年的时间中,穿插了许多繁杂的琐事,现在回头翻看译文,虽然我已经竭尽全力,依然觉得质量参差不齐,终究难以达到专业水准。近期我会整理出文中人名地名,并陆续更改,文中缺陷还请各位多多指点。感谢坛子里的朋友们一直以来的支持,你们的热情鼓励一直是我最大的动力。

评分

查看全部评分

没有所谓命运这个东西,一切无非是考验、惩罚或补偿。

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2011-4-21 23:17 | 显示全部楼层
感觉翻译一整本书真挺不容易的,在这谢谢楼主无私的全篇翻译。

絕地學徒

主题

帖子

精华

扩张区域

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2011-4-21 23:38 | 显示全部楼层
小書無窮的毅力啊,要是翻譯小說的是我,我想最後只會胎死腹中,沒完沒了(偶已經有幾宗前科)......小書,繼續加油!!!!!!!
星球大戰是生命,看足球是食糧
@_@是我專用的符號,不是代表@@,不是代表暈...

四处爬墙

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

绝地

发表于 2011-4-22 08:41 | 显示全部楼层
恭喜完坑!
翻译是磨炼,过一段时间后自己修改往往能看到很多以前没发觉的问题。像以前俺翻译的DB现在都不太敢看....
真正出版的译文,都是翻译一遍,修改校对多遍...
身守无一处,心外是百州

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 08:45 , Processed in 0.072485 second(s), 20 queries .