帖子

精华

超级版主

原力
水晶
发表于 2009-3-30 12:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
(Touchdown)

2003年5月26日

At 6 this morning, local time, the plane touched down in Sydney, greeted by a haze of winter rain. I've yet to really wrap my mind around a lot of this. I can't help but notice that travel across the globe now means that my personal calendar no longer contains a May 25, so I can't even quietly acknowledge the 26th anniversary of the original Star Wars.
当地时间今天早晨6点,飞机在悉尼着陆,迎接我的是一场蒙蒙的冬雨。直到现在我的脑子仍然被这大片薄薄的雨雾笼罩着。我禁不住注意到,现在,跨越半球的旅行意味着我个人的日历里不再包含5月25日这个日期,因此我甚至无法平静地庆祝《星战》原三部曲的26周年纪念日。

After being met at the airport by a driver and shuttled to my new accommodations, a member of the JAK production team met up with me. As you may already know, even though it's the Lucasfilm logo that appears at the start of every Star Wars movie, a separate company is formed for the actual production of film. In the past, there's been internal company names like the The Star Wars Corporation and Black Falcon Ltd.
有司机来机场接我,把我送到我的新住处后,JAK制作组的一个成员来和我见了面。可能你们都早已知道,虽然每部《星战》电影开头都会出现卢卡斯影业的标识,但却另外成立了一个独立公司来进行影片的实际制作。在过去,有国内公司起诸如“星战有限公司”或“黑隼有限公司”这样的名字。

Anyway, Production Assistant Ali Keshavji provided me with an introductory packet of essential information about Sydney, a complete list of the production crew, and a handy map of Fox Studios Australia. He was also kind enough to stock my fridge and pass along some walking-around money.
无论如何,制片助理Ali Keshavji给了我一个介绍信息包,里面有关于悉尼的基本信息,一份制作组全体成员的名单,一张澳大利亚福克斯制片厂简便地图。他还非常好心地把我的冰箱装满食物,并且给了我一些零花钱。

"So, it's Monday now, right?" I confirmed. "I'm not supposed to be in until tomorrow. They've given me a day to acclimate, I guess. What time do things generally start?"
“那么,今天是星期一了,对吗?”我求证道,“我本该是在明天到的。我猜,他们给了我一天的时间来适应环境。通常工作是几点开始?”

"Well, depends on where you work," he said. "Usually, the production offices start at 8 a.m., but other departments may have different start times. If you're in construction, for example, your day typically starts at 7. You're a bit different, since you're a department of one."
“这个,取决于你在哪里工作,”他说,“通常,制作办公室上班时间是上午8点,不过其他部门也许有不同的开工时间。打个比方说,如果你在建筑部,那么你的开工时间就是7点。你的情况有点不同,因为你自己就是一个部门。”

So, now I've got this binder with 35 pages of names and contact information, representing potential interview candidates. Many of the names are familiar, and I've talked to a few over the phone, but I've never really met many of them in person.
因此,现在我拿到了这本35页的人名及联络信息装订本,从中我描绘出潜在的采访候选人。许多名字都很熟悉,有些人我通过电话交谈过,不过绝大多数我从来都没有真正接触过。

But before any of that, I have to get settled here in Australia, and today's the day to do it. I gotta run into town to pick up some power converters. No, I'm not joking.
不过首先,我必须要先在澳大利亚安顿下来,今天就是办这件事的日子。我得进城去买些整流器。不,我不开玩笑。

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 12:00 , Processed in 0.055982 second(s), 18 queries .