水晶

绝地克隆人汉化组

发表于 2013-2-11 11:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 莫洛骑士 于 2013-2-15 21:28 编辑

Star Wars: Splinter of the Mind's Eye
星球大战:心灵之眼的分裂

索引

第一章

How beautiful was the universe, Luke thought. How beautifully flowing, glorious and aglow like the robe of a queen. Ice-black clean in its emptiness and solitude, so unlike the motley collage of spinning dust motes men called their worlds, where the human bacteria throve and multiplied and slaughtered one another. All so that one might say he stood a little higher than his fellows.
"宇宙是多么的美丽。"卢克想,"多么美丽,像一个女王的礼炮一样闪闪发光,一点也不像穿由带灰尘泥土附着的布片拼接而成衣服的小丑们形容的世界:空虚孤寂,那里的人像细菌一样繁多而且自相残杀。

In depressed moments he felt sure there was no really happy living matter on any of those worlds. Only a plethora of destructive human diseases which fought and raged constantly against one another, a sequence of cancerous civilizations which fed on its own body, never healing yet somehow not quite dying.
这个时候让他感到沮丧的是在这些世界里并没有欢乐存在,只有很多具有毁灭性的人类本性:持续不断地和另一方对抗,就像患了绝症的文明一样消耗着自身,无论如何也不会愈合却也不会消亡。

A particularly virulent strain of one of those cancers had killed his own mother and father, then his Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen. It had also taken from him the man he had learned to respect more than any other, the elderly Jedi knight Ben Kenobi.
这场战争已经杀死了他的亲生父母,之后是他的贝鲁阿姨和欧文叔叔,它也带走了曾经的绝地武士班•肯诺比,一个被他尊敬的师长。

Although he had seen Kenobi struck by the light-saber of Darth Vader on board the now obliterated Imperial Deathstar battle station, he could not be certain the old wizard was truly dead. Vader's saber had left only empty air in its wake. That Ben Kenobi had departed this plane of existence was unarguable. What no one could tell was what level of existence he had passed into. Maybe death and?Maybe not.
尽管亲眼看到肯诺比在帝国死星战斗基地与达斯•维德的战斗中被打中,他还是无法确定他的精神向导已经死亡了,维德的光剑只是留下了一个空荡荡的袍子,班•肯诺比已经离去已经是不争的事实,现在没有人可以告诉他他正在处于什么位置,或许只有死亡可以,又或许不是。

There were times when Luke experienced an agreeably crawly sensation, as if someone were lurking just behind him. That unseen presence occasionally seemed to move arms and legs for him, or to supply suggestions and thoughts when his own mind was helplessly blank. Blank as that of the former farm boy of Tatooine's desert world.
当卢克还是浩瀚的塔图因沙漠中的一个农场男孩时,他就有一种很奇怪的感觉,就好像有一个人蛰伏在他的身后。那无形的存在似乎跟随他移动,或在他大脑一片空白的时候提供建议和想法。

Unseen spirits or not, Luke reflected grimly, if there was one thing he was sure of it was that the callow youth he had once been was dead and dry as dust. In the Rebel Alliance of worlds struggling against the corrupt rule of the Imperial government he held no formal title. But no one taunted him or called him farm boy?not since he had helped destroy the bloated battle station secretly built by Governor Moff Tarkin and his henchman Darth Vader.
在无人了解的精神深处中,卢克反应很冷淡,如果有一件事他十分确定,就是如果他没有摧毁高级星区总督塔金和达斯•维德所建造的秘密战斗基地,他在这个对抗帝国的义军同盟中将毫无礼仪上的地位,人们会嘲笑他是农场出来的男孩,最后他像尘土一样消亡。

Luke had no experience with titles, hence no use for them. When the Rebel leaders offered him any reward within their ability to grant, he had asked only to be permitted to continue piloting a fighter in the Alliance's service. Some thought his request unduly modest, but one shrewd general disagreed, explaining how Luke might be more valuable to the Rebellion without a title or commission which, the veteran pointed out to his colleagues, would serve only to make the youth a prime target for Imperial assassination. So Luke remained the pilot he'd always wanted to be, perfecting his flying skills and always, unceasingly, wrestling with the Force Ben Kenobi had enabled him to begin to understand.
卢克没有任何关于取得头衔的经验,因此毫无经验可寻,当义军同盟的领导人想要对他出色的能力给予一定的奖励时,他唯一所要求的就是被允许继续在义军同盟中担任战斗机飞行员,一些人因此认为他是过分谦虚,但是有一位精明的将军反对,他认为卢克如果没有头衔和委任将会对同盟更有价值,老兵认为这样可以使卢克免于成为帝国暗杀的首要目标,就这样,卢克继续担任他一直希望的飞行员,继续使他的飞行技巧更完美,也在不断地理解班•肯诺比所提供给他的与愿力有关的知识。

No time for meditating now, he reminded himself as he studied the instruments of his X-wing fighter. A glance forward showed the brilliant pulsing sun-ball of Circarpous Major, its devastating radiance stopped down to viewable intensity by the phototropic material of the transparent port itself.
现在已经没有时间用来沉思了,他提醒自己去研究X翼战机仪表,但还是看见瑟卡珀斯恒星产生的巨大明亮的脉冲波,尽管飞船端口透明的光致变色材料使它极耀眼的光芒减弱到了肉眼可见的强度,但还是十分明亮。

"Everything okay back there, Artoo?" he called into his pickup. A cheerful beep from the stubby 'droid locked in position behind the cockpit assured Luke that it was.
"一切都还好吗,R2?"他向机身里问到,几声来自被固定在驾驶舱的小机器人的哗哗声告诉卢克一切都可以放心。

Their destination was the fourth planet out from this star. Like so many others, the Circarpousians were appalled by the atrocities perpetrated by the Empire, but too paralyzed by fear to openly join the Rebel Alliance. Over the years, a burgeoning underground movement had arisen on Circarpous, an underground needing only enough aid and encouragement from the Alliance to rise and swing their world to the cause of freedom.
他们的目标就是从属于这颗恒星的第四颗行星,和很多人一样,这些瑟卡珀斯人也被帝国所犯下的暴行震撼,但他们也同样害怕公开加入义军同盟,多年以来,一个新兴的地下组织在瑟卡珀斯人中产生,这个地下组织只需要一些来自义军同盟帮助和鼓励就可以改变他们的世界从而带来自由。

From the tiny, hidden Rebel station on the outermost planet of the system, Luke and the Princess were racing to a critically important meeting with the heads of that underground, to offer the necessary promise of support. He checked his console chronometer. They would arrive in plenty of time to reassure the highly nervous underground chiefs.
卢克和公主从隐藏在星系最外层的义军基地出发前去和地下组织的领导一同参加一个十分重要的会议,来给他们提供必要支持的保证,卢克检查了一下控制台的时间,估算出他们有足够长的时间来安抚地下组织首脑们高度紧张的神经。

Leaning slightly forward and glancing to starboard, he could admire the sleek Y-wing fighter cruising alongside. Two figures sat silhouetted by instrument lights within its cockpit. One was the gleaming golden shape of See Threepio, Artoo's 'droid
他的身子微微向前,看向船的右舷,可以看到闪着光泽的Y翼战斗机,驾驶室的仪表映衬出两个影子,一个是金光闪闪的C3PO,另一个是莱娅公主

The other? whenever he looked at her, the other caused emotions to boil within him like soup too long on the fire, no matter if she was separated from him by near vacuum as at present or by only an arm's length in a conference room. It was for and because of that individual, Princess and Senator Leia Organa of the now-vaporized world of Alderaan, that Luke had originally become involved in the Rebellion. First her portrait and then her person had initiated the irreversible metamorphosis from farm boy to fighter pilot. Now the two of them were the official emissaries from the ruling council of the Rebel government to the vacillating underground on Circarpous.
其他的呢?无论何时看见她,都是他感觉到自己像在火中煮了很久的汤一样,无论他们被现在最近的空间分开或者在这只有一只手臂长相距的会议室,卢克最初参与起义的原因既是因为自己,也是为了来自奥德兰的议员莱娅公主,开始就是她的影像把卢克从一个农民家的孩子变成了义军同盟的战斗机驾驶员,现在他们两个是正要去和还在摇摆不定的地下组织瑟卡珀斯人会面的义军政府执政委员会的官方外交使者。

Sending her on so dangerous a mission, Luke had thought from the first, was a risk. But a second system was ready to commit itself to the Alliance, if it was announced that Circarpous had also joined. At the same time, if that second system would declare its defiance of the Empire, then the Circarpousian underground would undoubtedly come over to the side of the Rebellion. So not one, but two systems waited on the outcome of this mission. And if it failed, Luke knew, both systems would probably lose heart and withhold their desperately needed aid. They had to succeed.
卢克从一开始就想到了送她参与这个任务就是一次冒险,但是如果那些瑟卡珀斯人选择加入的话,就会有第二个星系决定加入同盟,同时,如果再有个星系发布反对帝国的声明,瑟卡珀斯人的地下组织将会毫无怀疑的站在同盟一边。所以不止是一个阵营,而是两个在等待这次任务的结果。卢克知道如果任务失败,两个系统都会失去对同盟的信心,从而放弃接受义军同盟所给予他们迫切需要的援助,他们必须成功。

Luke had no doubts, as he silently adjusted his ship's attitude a quarter of a degree to the plane of the solar ecliptic, about the outcome of their mission. He couldn't imagine anyone who could not be persuaded by Princess Leia. She could convince him of anything. Luke treasured those moments when she forgot her station and titles. He dreamed of a time when she might forget them forever.
卢克默默地调整他的船到对瑟卡珀斯恒星黄道四分之一角度,他毫不怀疑他们这次任务的结果,他无法想象任何人不会被莱娅公主说服,她可以说服他去做任何事,卢克珍惜她忘记情况和头衔的时候,有时他甚至梦想她会永远忘记。

A beep from behind woke Luke from his daydreaming, wiped the smile from his face. They were preparing to pass close by Circarpous V, and Artoo was reminding him of it. A vast, cloud-shrouded globe, the planet was listed in Luke's library as being mostly unexplored, save for a single early Imperial scouting expedition. According to the computer readout, it was also known to the Circarpousians as Mimban, and? His intership communicator dinged for attention. "I'm receiving you, Princess."
一阵哗哗声把卢克从他的美梦中惊醒,他把微笑收起来,R2正在提醒他他们正准备靠近通过瑟卡珀斯5号行星,一颗对卢克来说巨大、浩瀚、未知的星球,为帝国侦察队早期侦查过一次,根据电脑显示的这颗行星叫明坂星,他的通讯器不停的呼叫以引起注意,"我正在接收你的信息,公主。"

Her reply was filled with irritation. "My port engine is beginning to generate unequal radiation pulses." Even when bothered, to him that voice was as naturally sweet and pleasing as sugar-laden fruit. "How bad?" he inquired, frowning worriedly. "Bad enough, Luke." The words sounded strained. "I'm losing control already, and the inequality's getting worse. I don't think I'm going to be able to compensate. We'll have to stop at the first base down below on Mimban and have the problem corrected." Luke opened his mouth to reply, did so after hesitating briefly. "You can't possibly make it safely to Circarpous IV?"
她的语气听起来十分恼火,"我的端口发动机开始产生不对等的辐射脉冲。"即便被问题困扰,这声音对他来说甜蜜怡人的就像美味的水果糖一样,"有多糟?"他问道,担心地皱起了眉毛,"非常糟糕,卢克",这声音听起来十分紧张,"我正在失去对它的控制,稳定器也失控了,我认为我无法修理了,我们不得不在明坂星上的第一基地停下来修复问题。"卢克犹豫了一下,张口问道:"你能不能坚持安全飞到瑟卡珀斯星?"

"I don't think so, Luke. I might make near-orbit, but then we'd have to deal with official repair systems and couldn't set down as planned. We'd miss the meeting, and we can't miss it. Resistance groups from all over the Circarpous system are going to be there. If I don't arrive, they'll panic. We'll have one Stang of a time getting them to surface again. And the Circarpous, worlds are vital to the Rebellion, Luke."
"我并不这么想,卢克,我可能靠近轨道,但是之后我们将不得不处理正式的修复受损的系统,然后无法按照之前计划的那样降落,我们会错过会议而且我们不能错过,整个不过瑟卡珀斯系统中的抵抗组织都会出现在那里,如果我没出现,他们就会引起恐慌,再次将他们组合在一起将会消耗我们大量的时间,而且他们对于我们来说至关重要。"

"I still don't think?" he began.
"Don't make me make it an order, Luke."
Biting back his initial response, he hurriedly began a check of visual readout charts and records. "According to my information tapes, Mimban doesn't have a repair station, Leia. In fact," he added with a glance at the murky green-white sphere below and to one side, "Mimban might not even have an emergency standby station."
"如果我不同意呢?"他又问。
"不要逼我把它变成一个命令,卢克"
他放弃了他最初的想法,赶紧检查读出的图表上的记录,"根据我们现在所掌握的信息,明坂星并没有一个修理站,事实上,莱娅,"他瞄了那带墨绿色的白色星球一眼,"明坂星甚至连一个应急备用站都没有。"

"It doesn't matter, Luke. I have to make the conference, and I'm going down while I still have some real control. Surely, in a system as populous as this one, any world with a breathable atmosphere's going to be equipped with for emergency repair. Your data must be old or else you're searching the wrong tapes." A pause, then, "You can prove it by shifting your communicator monitor to frequency oh-four-six-one."
"这没关系,卢克,我必须参加会议,而且我会降落去重新控制飞机,事实上,和这个星系一样,任何一个拥有可呼吸大气的星球都会有维修装备的工具,你的设备纪录一定是太老了或者你搜索了错误的信息。"短暂的停顿后,"你可以通过用通讯器监测频率0-4-6-1来证明你自己。"

Luke adjusted the requisite controls. Instantly a steady whine filled the small cabin.
"Sound familiar?" she asked him.
"That's a directional landing beacon, all right," he replied, confused. Several further queries, however, revealed no records of a station on Mimban. "But there's still nothing in the listings on either Imperial or Alliance tapes. If we?" He broke off as a puff of gas glowed brightly from the Princess' Y-wing, expanded brightly and vanished. "Leia! Princess Leia!"
卢克调整了一下控制台,立即产生了稳定的呜呜声音,充满了整个船舱。
"听起来熟悉吗?"她问到。
"好吧,这是一个定向着陆信标,"他疑惑地回答。
几次进一步的查询后,然而,仪器还是显示明坂星上没有任何纪录,"但是列表上还是丝毫没有任何关于帝国或义军的纪录,如果我们?"他被一阵来自公主Y翼战机散发出明亮光芒的气体打断,光芒延伸并且消失了。"莱娅!莱娅公主!"

评分

查看全部评分

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

绝地克隆人汉化组

楼主| 发表于 2013-2-12 07:51 | 显示全部楼层
Her small ship was already curving away from him. "Lost lateral controls completely now, Luke! I've got to go down!"
Luke rushed to match her glide path. "I don't deny the presence of the beacon. Maybe we'll be lucky! Try to shift power to your port controls!"
"I'm doing the best I can." A brief silence, followed by, "Stop moving around, Threepio, and watch your ventral manipulators!"
她的小船正在沿弧线远离他,"现在侧面已经完全失去控制了,卢克,我必须降落!"
卢克急忙赶上她飞机向下滑行的轨迹,"我不能否认信标的存在,我们或许很幸运!尽量控制你左舷的能量输出!""我正在尽我的全力。"短暂的寂静后,又一个声音响起,"不要来回走了,C3PO!看机腹上的机械手!"

A contrite, metallic, "Sorry, Princess Leia," sounded from her cabin companion, the bronzed human-cyborg relations 'droid See Threepio. "But what if Master Luke is correct and there is no station below? We could find ourselves marooned forever on this empty world, without companionship, without knowledge tapes, without? without lubricants!"
一个略带悔意的金属声响起,"对不起,莱娅公主,"她从小长大的同伴,金黄色的机器人C3PO说,"但是如果卢克主人是正确的,下面没有救援站,我们将会永远困在这一片虚无的世界,没有同伴,没有信息,还没有……没有润滑剂!"

"You heard the beacon, didn't you?" Luke saw a small explosion whereupon the Y-wing dove surface-ward at an abruptly sharper angle. For a few moments only static answered his frantic calls. Then the interference cleared. "Close, Luke. I lost my starboard dorsal engine completely. I cut port dorsal ninety percent to balance guidance systems."
"你收到信标的信号了,对吗?"卢克在监视Y翼战斗机时看见前面的凸起部位发生了爆炸,过了一会儿,只有不变的声音疯狂的响着,之后干扰变得清晰,"差不多,卢克,我的右引擎完全失去了控制,切断了90%的平衡控制系统。"

"I know. I've cut power to slow with you."
In the Y-wing's tiny cabin Threepio sighed, gripped the walls around him more firmly. "Try to set us down gently, please, Princess. Rough landings do terrible things to my internal gyros."
"我知道了,我已经关闭能量来缓慢的跟着你。"
在Y翼小巧的座舱里,C3PO紧紧抓住旁边牢固的舱壁,说:"尽量缓慢地降落,求你了,公主,粗暴的降落会对我的内部陀螺仪造成很不好的后果。"

"They're not so good on my insides either," the Princess shot back, lips clenched tightly as she fought the sluggish controls. "Besides, you've nothing to worry about. 'Droids can't get spacesick."
"我这里也不是很好,"公主大声回应,她咬紧嘴唇,小心缓慢的控制战斗机,"另外,你没有什么好担心的,机器人是不会得航天病的。"

Threepio could have argued otherwise, but remained silent as the Y-wing commenced a stomach-turning roll downward. Luke had to react rapidly to follow. There was one tiny positive sign: the beacon signal was not imaginary. It was really there, beeping steadily when he adjusted the controls on his board so that the signal was audible. Maybe Leia was right.
C3PO无法反驳,并且在Y翼战斗机向下翻滚时保持沉默,卢克不得不反应敏捷地紧紧跟随,那里确实有一个信标信号,这个信号不可能是虚构的,它就在那里,在他调整控制时信号发出的稳定的哗哗声在他的飞船上响起,可能莱娅是正确的。

But he still didn't feel confident. "Artoo, let me know if you spot anything unusual on our way down. Keep all your sensory plug-ins on full power." A reassuring whistle filled the cockpit.
但是他还是不相信,"R2,如果你在途中发现任何不对劲的事情就告诉我,保持你的所有感官元件处于全功率状态。"一个可靠的哨子声响了起来。

They were at two hundred kilometers and descending when Luke jumped in his seat. Something began pushing at his mind. A stirring in the Force. He tried to relax, to let it fill and flow over and through him just as old Ben had instructed him.
当卢克跳进他的座位时他们正下降到距离地面200千米的地方,有一些东西开始出现在他的脑海里,原力中有一丝波动,他尝试去放松,让它从他身上散去,就像班曾经教授他的一样。

His sensitivity was far from perfectly attuned and he sincerely doubted he would ever attain half the command of the Force that Kenobi had possessed? though the old man had expressed great confidence in Luke's potential. Still, he knew enough to categorize that subtle tingling. It sparked an almost palpable feeling of unease in him, and it came from something (or several somethings) on the surface below. Yet he wasn't sure. Not that he could do anything about it now. The only concern of the moment was hoping the Princess' ship could set down safely.
他的灵敏性还和完美相差很远,而且他非常怀疑他对于原力的理解有没有达到肯诺比要求的一半,尽管那位老人对他的能力抱有很大的信心,他只是对于微妙的刺痛有一丝了解,下面的地方有些东西,它引发起的情绪正使卢克感到不安,但是他还不是十分确定,现在他什么也干不了,现在唯一要紧的就是希望公主的飞船可以安全的着陆。

But the sooner they left Mimban, the better he'd feel.
Despite her own problems, the Princess was taking the time to relay coordinate information to him. As if he couldn't plot her own course by himself. Instead, he tried to identify something he'd just spotted below them as they entered the outer atmosphere. Something funny in the clouds here? he couldn't decide just what.
但是他们越快离开明坂星,他就会感到越好。
抛却他自己的问题,公主正在花费时间给他传送坐标信息,好像他自己不会根据她的指引航线来绘制地图一样,相反,他正在他们进入下层大气层时尽力去识别些什么,在云层里有一些有趣的东西,他只是不能判断是什么。

He voiced his new concern to the Princess. "Luke you're worrying too much. You'll worry yourself to death at an early age. And that would be a waste of?"
他的声音传达出他对公主的关切,"卢克,你担心太多了,如果你这么年轻就关心你是否会死亡的话,这个世界真是一种浪费。"

He never did find out what worrying himself to death would be a waste of because at that moment they entered troposphere for the first time and the immediate reaction of both ships to the thicker air and air to ships was anything but normal.
他没有发现什么会使他担心死亡会是一种浪费,因为他们正在第一次穿越对流层,而且两艘船对稠密的大气和大气对船体不正常的摩擦正在产生反应。

It seemed as if they'd suddenly plunged from a cloud-dotted but unexceptional-appearing sky into an ocean of liquid electricity. Gigantic multicolored bolts of energy erupted from empty air, contacted the hulls of the two ships and fomented instrumental chaos where order had reigned seconds before. Instead of the blue or yellow-tinged canopy they'd expected to sail through, the atmosphere around them was drenched with bizarre, perambulating energies so wild and frenzied they bordered on the animate. Behind Luke, Artoo Detoo beeped nervously.
似乎他们正突然从星罗棋布的云层中出现,从不可见的天空坠向充满液体电流的海洋,能量巨大的五彩闪电在空中爆发,两船的船体开始接触,几秒中控制设备的命令激起了一片混乱,除了他们希望穿过蓝色或黄色的云彩,围绕他们的大气出人意料的潮湿,推进能量开始变得疯狂,两边的一切似乎生机勃勃,R2发出紧张地哗哗声。

Luke fought his own instrumentation. It flaunted a farrago of electronic nonsense at him. The madly bucking X-wing was held in the grip of unidentified forces powerful enough to toss it about like a plaything. The chromatic storm vanished behind him as if he'd suddenly emerged from a waterspout, but his controls continued to exhibit what were probably permanent manifestations of the electronically addled.
卢克正在操控他的设备,它胡乱地发出了一阵电子音,X翼正在被一股强大的力量想玩具一样被疯狂地弯曲,带有颜色的风暴在他身后消失,就好像 他突然出现在海上龙卷风中一样,但是还是因为飞船优良的控制系统,卢克得以据续保持对飞行器的控制。
There is no absolute justice, there is no absolute evil.
没有绝对正义,也没有绝对邪恶

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

绝地克隆人汉化组

楼主| 发表于 2013-2-14 09:34 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 莫洛骑士 于 2013-2-15 21:22 编辑

A quick verbal survey revealed what he most feared: the Princess' fighter was nowhere in sight. Trying to control his drunken ship with one hand on the manual controls, Luke activated the communicator with the other.
一个快速的语音查询显示了他最害怕的事情:莱娅公主的战斗机已经不再视野范围内了,卢克正试图用一只手来手动控制他那好像喝醉了的飞船,卢克正在启动通讯器连接另外一个飞船。

"Leia! Leia, are you??"
"No? control, Luke," came the static-sprinkled reply. He could barely make out the words. "Instruments? replonza. I'm trying to get down in? one piece. If we?"
"莱娅!莱娅,你在哪?"
"不,控制住,卢克,"一个沉静的声音说。他勉强才能说出话,"我正在努力在一个地方降落。"

Gone, no matter how frantically he cajoled the communicator. His attention was diverted as something in one overhead panel blew out in a shower of sparks and metal fragments. The cockpit filled with acrid fumes.
无论通讯发报机如何疯狂的响着,他的注意力被头顶上的控制板吸引了,那里不断迸射出火花和金属碎片,刺鼻的烟雾充斥着整个船舱。

Impelled by a desperate thought, Luke activated the fighter's tracker. Part of the little ship's offensive armament, it was among its best-built and sealed components. Even so, it had been overloaded by the fury of the peculiar distorting energies, energies which its designers had never anticipated that it would encounter.
卢克在绝望的思想的推动下,启动了飞船的追踪系统,即使这艘小船拥有最好的密封组件,它在风暴巨大的能量中负荷过多了,工程师显然没有预见过这样的情况。

Useless now, nonetheless its automatic record was intact and playable. It showed for several moments the falling spiral which could only have been left by the Princess' ship. As best as he could without auto-enhancement, Luke set the X-wing on a pursuit course downward. There was little to no chance of following the Princess. He simply prayed that now they might land somewhere other than on opposite sides of the planet from each other. He simply prayed they might land.
现在它完整可自动记录的追踪系统已完全失去作用,它显示了几分钟只可能是莱娅公主的飞船留下的螺旋下降的痕迹,卢克在没有自动降落装置的帮助下尽可能地把X翼降落在向下的指引航线上,那里几乎没有精确追踪公主踪迹的机会,他只能祈祷他们降落在了这个星球的同一面,他只能祈祷他们应该降落了。

Swerving slightly like a crippled camel in a sandstorm, the fighter continued to drop. As the lush surface of Mimban rushed up at him Luke caught rolling, twisting glimpses of mountainless green swaths interwoven with veins and arteries of muddy brown and blue.
战斗机就像在沙尘暴里转弯的跛脚的骆驼一样下降,就在卢克在明坂星郁郁葱葱的表面翻滚时,他瞥见山顶有大片蓝棕色交织在一起。

Though he was utterly ignorant of Mimbanian topography, the green and blue-brown of rivers and streams and vegetation seemed infinitely preferable as landing sites to, say, the endless cerulean of open sea or the gray spires of young mountains. No rock is as soft as water and no water so soft as a swamp, he reflected, trying to cheer himself. He was starting to believe he actually might survive the touchdown, the Princess doing likewise.
尽管他彻底地忽视了明坂星的地形,但是绿色或蓝棕色的溪流,着陆地点周围看起来接近完美的绿色植被,可以说,像是蓝色无边的大海或小土丘上的灰顶,只不过其中的石油和水不像它们看起来那样柔软,卢克尽力使自己平静,他开始相信自己会在着陆中幸存了下来,公主也是一样的。

Frantically he fought to discover a combination of circuits that would reactivate the target tracker. Once he partly succeeded. The screen showed the Y-wing still on the course he'd just plotted. His chance of setting down close to her ship was looking better.
卢克开始疯狂的使跟踪目标的仪器恢复使用,有一次他几乎成功了,屏幕显示出Y翼就在他刚才指的那条航线上,他靠近降落在她飞船旁的几率看起来比之前预想的更好。

Despite the demands on his mind, he couldn't help but consider the energy distortions that had ruined their instrumentation. The fact that the rainbow maelstrom was confined to one area?an area very close to the location of the landing beacon?raised questions as intriguing as they were disturbing.
无论他接下来去干什么,他都不禁思考那毁灭他们仪器的巨大能量,事实上那彩色的漩涡似乎只局限于一个区域,一个非常接近那个着陆信标信号的区域,这些新问题正在困扰着他们。

Trying to minimize the effects of his insane controls, Luke switched off his engines and continued down on glide. Back on Tatooine he'd had plenty of practice idling in his skyhopper. But that was considerably different from doing practically the same thing in a vehicle as complex as this fighter. He had no idea if the same thought would occur to the Princess, or if she had had any experience in powerless flight. Anxiously chewing his lower lip, Luke realized that even if she tried gliding, his own craft was far better suited to such a maneuver than her Y-wing.
卢克正一边试图控制自己的精神,一边关掉引擎向下滑翔,在塔图因时他有充裕的时间练习用跃空机滑翔,但是在跃空机中和在战斗机中练习是截然不同的,他不知道公主是否也面临这样的问题,或者她对于这样的滑翔飞行有一定经验,卢克紧张地咬着下嘴唇,突然发现即使公主试图滑翔,她的Y翼相比他的来说也一点也不适合做这些动作。

If only he could see her he'd feel a lot better. Strain his eyes as he might, though, there was no sign of her. Soon, he knew, all chance of visual contact would vanish. His ship began plunging recklessly into a floor of dirty gray cotton, thick cumulo-nimbus clouds.
如果他能看见她他会好受些,但是即使他竭尽全力的去看,还是没有任何她的踪迹,不久他就明白了所有看见她的希望都是不可能的了,他的飞船穿过厚厚的积雨云,开始坠向肮脏的灰色地面。
没有绝对正义,也没有绝对邪恶

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

帝国克隆人汉化组

发表于 2013-2-15 19:48 | 显示全部楼层
第一章第8段“Circarpous Major”是一颗恒星,是Circarpous星系的主星。
Circarpous是这个星系的名字,这个星系有14颗行星,其中Circarpous四号行星是主要行星,因此也被简称为“Circarpous”。所以建议Circarpous作为星系名时译为“瑟卡珀斯星系”,作为行星名时译为“瑟卡珀斯星”,以示区别。第10段的Circarpousians,指的是瑟卡珀斯星上的人们。
第16段的Circarpous译成“瑟卡珀斯”,但是之前几段都译成“帝国军官”了,统一成“瑟卡珀斯”吧。

可能是因为你下载的电子书版本问题,第13段末尾文字不全。
Leaning slightly forward and glancing to starboard, he could admire the sleek Y-wing fighter cruising alongside. Two figures sat silhouetted by instrument lights within its cockpit. One was the gleaming golden shape of See Threepio, Artoo's 'droid
我猜测后面应该是(droid) companion.或(droid) friend.
因为卢克驾驶X翼战斗机,R2应该是在他的战斗机上作为导航机器人,所以Y翼上的两个人影应该是C3PO和莱娅。下文“the other”即指除了C3PO外的另外一个人影:莱娅。

3楼倒数第2段的 Back on Tatooine he'd had plenty of practice idling in his skyhopper.
其中Back是指“以前”,he'd had过去完成时是指“曾经”。
以前在塔图因的时候,他曾经多次练习在驾驶时skyhopper关闭引擎。
Never  again  will  a  citizen  of  this  galaxy  watch  a  moonrise  in  quite  the  same  way.  He  will  stare  at  that  moon,  and  remember  that  the  Empire  is  firmly  in  control. ----Grand  Moff  Tarkin

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

绝地克隆人汉化组

楼主| 发表于 2013-2-19 19:09 | 显示全部楼层
Several rambling flashes crackled through the air, only this time the lightning was natural. But Luke was deep in clouds by then and could see nothing. Panic hammered at him. If the visibility stayed like this all the way to the surface he'd locate the ground a bit too late, the hard way. As he considered switching back to auto, distorted as it was, he broke out of the bottom layer of clouds. The air was thick with rain, but not so bad that he failed to make out the terrain below. Time was running out faster than altitude now. He had barely enough of either to pull back on the atmospheric controls before something jolted the fighter from below. That was followed instantly by a series of similar crackings as he clipped off the crowns of the tallest trees.
几道闪电划过天际,只不过这次是自然的,但是卢克在云层深处所以什么都没看见。恐惧笼罩着他,如果能见度持续这么低的话,将耗费他更多的时间和精力来寻找地面。就在他考虑调节档位时,他从云层底部冲了出来。他下降的越来越快,他很难有足够的时间在什么东西从战斗机底部冒出之前重新掌握控制。在他的机翼剪掉最高树木的树冠时,一系列裂纹也产生了。

Eyeballing his airspeed indicator, Luke fired braking rockets and nudged the ship's nose down ever so gently. At least he would be spared the worry of igniting the vegetation around the landing site. Everything hereabouts was drenched.
卢克看着他的空速显示器,他重新点火并尽量把机头缓缓地拉起来,至少他不用担心迫降会时周围的植被燃烧起来,因为周围这一切都是湿的。

Again he fired the braking rockets. A series of violent jolts and jounces shook him despite his battle harness. A green floral wave crested ahead and overwhelmed him with darkness?
他有一次启动了火箭,一阵颠簸又一次向他的战斗机袭来,一片绿色的树冠重又把他带入黑暗。

He blinked. Ahead, the shattered foreport of the fighter framed jungle with crystal geometry. All was quiet. As he tried to lean forward water caressed his face. That helped to clear his mind and bring the scenery into sharp focus. Even the rain was falling with caution, he mused, that is if it were indeed a light rain, instead of an exceptionally heavy mist.
他眨了眨眼睛,战斗机的前部已经被丛林树木变成了挂着少量晶体的金属框架。周围很寂静,他尽力向前倾让水从他的脸上流过,这有助于使他头脑清醒并集中注意力。他沉思着,即使下雨也要小心,这是真正的雨还是一片浓重的雾。

Craning his neck, Luke noted that the metal overhead had been peeled back neatly?as if by some giant opener?by the thick, now cracked limb of an enormous tree. If by chance the fighter had slid in here slightly higher, Luke's skull would have been peeled off just as neatly?a bit more to port and the broad bole of the tree would have smashed him back into the power plant. He had escaped decapitation and fatal compression by a meter either way.
卢克低下了头,发现顶舱金属板已经被平整地削去了,树木就好像一把巨大的刀刃。如果一不小心卢克把飞机拉高一点,被削去的就是卢克的头骨了。飞机一点摇晃和树木都可以把卢克刮到发电机上,他采取了其他的方法逃脱了被斩首和被压缩的命运。

Water continued to drip into the broken, open cockpit from the wood above. Luke suddenly realized he was parched and opened his mouth to let the water quench his thirst. He noticed a slight saltiness that didn't seem right. The rain (or mist) water looked clear and pure. It was. The saltiness, he realized, came from the blood trickling down from the gash in his forehead. It ran down the left side of his nose and onto his lips.
水不断地从上面破损打开的木制机舱顶流进来,卢克突然感觉到口渴,于是张开嘴让水流进去。他感觉到有一丝轻微的咸味。这雨水看起来清澈透明。但是确实是咸味,他意识到这是从他额头伤口流下的血,它顺着鼻子左侧流进他的嘴里。

Undoing the g-locks, Luke slipped free of the harness. Even moving slowly and carefully, he felt as if every muscle in his body had been grabbed and pulled from opposite ends to the near-breaking point. Ignoring the pain as best he could, he inventoried his surroundings.
卢克解开G锁,松开安全带。即便小心缓慢的移动,他还是感觉身体上的每一块肌肉两端都被拉到几乎断裂的程度,他尽可能的不去注意身体上的疼痛,去查看周围的环境。

Between the distortions generated by the electronic storm he'd passed through and the more prosaic results of the crash, his instruments had become candidates for the secondhand shop. They would never operate this fighter again. Turning to his left, he keyed the exit panel but was not surprised when it failed to respond. After throwing the double switch on the manual release he jabbed the emergency stud. Two of the four explosive bolts fired. The panel moved a few centimeters, then froze.
在经历了由电子风暴引起的坠机之后,结果就是他的仪器几乎报废,和二手市场中的没什么区别。它们再也不能用来操纵战斗机了。他转向左边,尝试用键盘退出面板,但是他对毫无回应一点也不惊讶。在用手猛摇了双开关后,他捅了一下能源螺栓,四个中的两个螺栓着火爆炸,面板前移了几厘米就不动了。

Pressing himself back in the pilot's seat, Luke braced himself with both hands and kicked. That accomplished nothing save to send shooting pains up both legs. All that remained was the standard exit, if it hadn't been too badly jammed. Reaching up with both hands, he shoved the release mechanism, then pushed. Nothing. He paused, panting as he considered his alternatives.
卢克借助手和膝盖的支撑又坐回到了飞行员的位置,他无法使腿上的痛苦消失。唯一留下的就是标准出口,但是也已经损坏严重。他用双手启动释放系统,但是什么也没发生,他选择停下来喘一口气。

The cockpit hood began to lift by itself. Squirming frantically, Luke tried to find his pistol. A querulous beep reassured him. "Artoo Detoo!"
座舱罩开始上升,卢克开始疯狂地动,试图找到他的手枪,一阵哗哗声安慰着他,"R2-D2!"

A curved metallic hood looked down at him, the single red electronic eye studying him anxiously. "Yes, I'm okay? I think."
它顶部的金属罩低头看着他,一只红色的电子眼焦急地注视着他,"没事,我认为我很好。"

Using Artoo's center leg as a brace, Luke pulled himself up and out. Clearing his legs, he got to his feet and found himself standing on top of the grounded X-wing. He rested his back against the curve of the great, overhanging branch.
以R2的中央支柱作为支撑,卢克把他自己拉了出来。他清理他的腿,发现自己站在坠毁的X翼上面,他把背靠在飞机巨大外支的弧面上。

A mournful whistle-honk sounded and he glanced down at Artoo, who clung securely to the metal hull nearby. "I don't know what you're saying, Artoo, without Threepio to translate for us. But I can guess." His gaze turned outward. "I don't know where he and the Princess are. I'm not even sure where we are."
旁边响起哀伤的声音,他低头看了看R2,它正在金属外壳附近,"没有C3PO翻译的话,我不知道你在说什么,但是我可以猜出来,"他的目光看向远处,"我不知道C3PO和公主在哪里,我甚至不确定我们在哪里。"
没有绝对正义,也没有绝对邪恶

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2013-2-19 19:24 | 显示全部楼层
不错 期待下一章

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶
发表于 2013-2-19 22:20 | 显示全部楼层
真好!期待更新

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

绝地克隆人汉化组

楼主| 发表于 2013-7-30 19:33 | 显示全部楼层
Slowly he took stock of the surface of Mimban. Dense growth rose all around, but it was clumped in large pockets, instead of presenting a continuous front like a normal jungle. There was ample open space. Mimban, or at least the section where he'd come down, was part swamp, part jungle, part bog.
他缓缓地查看了明坂星的地形,在周围密集的生长着的不是一片雨林,那里有足够的空间。明坂,或至少是他降落的这块地方,是一片丛林沼泽的一部分。

Fluid mud filled most of a languid stream to the right of the ship. It meandered in slow motion. To his left the trunk of the enormous tree he'd nearly hit towered into the mist. Beyond lay a tangle of other tall growths fringed with bushes and tired, drooping ferns. Gray-brown ground bordered it. There was no way to tell from a distance how solid the surface was. Bracing himself with a hand on a small branch, Luke leaned over the side of the ship. The X-wing appeared to be resting on similar terrain. It wasn't sinking. That meant he might be able to walk. This was some comfort to him, since without a ship he was a rotten flier.
淤泥缓缓地流到飞船的右面,就好像是被放慢的动作的一样。他差一点撞上左边耸立在雾中的大树,在一片生长旺盛的灌木上边有下垂的蕨类植物。地面是红棕色的,他没有办法知道地面是否坚固可靠,他用手拄着一段树枝来支撑自己,卢克靠在飞船的一边,X翼似乎停在地面上,并没有下沉,这意味着他可以走,这或许对他是个安慰,因为没有飞船他就是个糟糕的飞行员。

Smiling slightly to himself, he crouched and peered under the limb. The double wing on the port side of the ship had been snapped off cleanly somewhere back in the forest, leaving only twin metal stubs. Both engines on that side, naturally, were also missing. Unequivocally, he was grounded.
他微微一笑,蹲下,透过枝条看见飞机左侧两个机翼已经全部在树林里脱落,只剩下金属支架,那一侧的引擎也理所当然地消失了,显而易见,他着陆了。

Carefully crawling back into the ruined cockpit he unlocked the seat and shifted it to one side, then began rummaging in the sealed compartment behind it for the material he'd have to carry with him. Emergency rations, his father's lightsaber, a thermal suit? the last because despite the tropic appearance of some of the vegetation, it was decidedly cool outside.
他小心地爬回驾驶舱,把座椅挪到一边,打开背后密封舱里他携带的东西, 应急口粮,他父亲的光剑,一件保暖的衣服。拿衣服的原因是尽管这里有热带植物的外观,外面却显然很凉。

Luke knew there were temperate rain forests as well as tropical ones. While the temperature would probably not become dangerously cold, it still could combine with the omnipresent moisture to give him an uncomfortable and potentially debilitating chill. So he took the precaution of packing the thin suit. The survival pack for his back was strapped to the backside of the seat. Unbuckling it, he began to fill its copious interior with supplies from the compartment.
卢克知道温带和热带雨林中温度不会达到致命的程度,但是潮湿的空气给他一种不舒服而微弱的寒意,所以他带上预防的衣服。应急背包一直被绑在他座位的后面,打开它,他开始用隔间里的必需品装满大量的内部空间。

When the rip-proof sack was stuffed, he tried to seal the cockpit as best he could to protect it.
他尽全力在塞耐磨袋时把它密封起来去保护它,然后坐在座椅边缘静静地思考。

His preliminary observations had revealed no sign of the Princess' Y-wing. Yet in the damp, foggy air it could have touched down ten meters away and still be effectively invisible. She probably had landed or crashed slightly ahead of him, according to his estimate of how rapidly he had set his own ship down. Lacking any other information, he had no choice but to continue on foot along his last plotted course for her.
经过初步的观察,他并没有发现公主的Y翼的踪影,然而在潮湿的雾气中,即使降落在十米之外就看不见了。根据他飞船降落的速度,他认为她可能在他的前面降落或坠毁。除此之外他没有任何有用的信息,他别无选择,只能沿着之前对于公主飞船的轨迹信息走过去。

It had occurred to him to stand on the nose of the ship and shout, but he'd decided it would be better to locate the ship visually first. The cacophony of cries, hoots, howls, whistles and buzzings which seeped out of the encircling bog and thick vegetation didn't encourage him to make himself conspicuous. Shouting might attract all sorts of attention, some of it possibly carnivorous.
尽管他认为站在船头上会得到最好的视野,呼喊会传地更远,但是大声喊叫声,会穿透环绕的沼泽,茂密的植被的哗哗声使他不敢使自己暴露,大声可能会引来不必要的关注,包括一些食肉的动物。

Better to find the Princess' ship first. With any luck she would be seated sensibly in the cockpit, alive and intact and fuming with impatience as she waited for him to arrive.
他最好先找到公主的船,幸运的话她可能幸存,在烟雾中虽不耐烦但是理智地等待着他的到来。

Pulling himself clear of the cockpit again, Luke used branches for balance as he climbed down to the broken stub of the port double wing. He lowered himself carefully to the ground, which was soft, almost springy. Pulling up one foot, he saw that his boot sole was already coated with sticky gray gook that resembled wet modeling clay. But the ground held, supported him. Artoo joined him a moment later.
他再次爬出驾驶舱,他用树枝支撑自己爬到机翼断折的地方,他小心的下到地面,发现地面是软的,而且富有弹性,抬起一只脚,他看到鞋底上有潮湿的粘土,但是地面确实可以让他站在上面,一分钟后,R2也来到他旁边。

Thanks to the abruptness of his forced landing, he didn't have to search for a walking stick. There was an abundance of shattered, splintered limbs strewn in the fighter's wake. He selected one which would serve both for support and for testing the ground ahead.
由于他迫降的突发性,他不必去找一根手杖,大量飞机的碎片散落在周围,他选择了一根既能支撑自己行走,又可以测试前方土地的随身携带。

Using the nose of the ship as a crude guide, he set his tracomp and they started off, angling a few degrees to starboard.
他使用船头指明方向,他布置好追踪器,之后向右舷调了几度。

It might have been a movement of bush branches in the forest, it might have been the Force, or it might have been an old-fashioned hunch, but even Ben Kenobi would have admitted that Luke had only one chance of finding the Princess' ship. If it didn't lie close along the path he was taking, if he missed it and passed on, he could continue trodding the surface of Mimban for a thousand years without ever seeing her again.
那可能是灌木运动的迹象,也可能已经在原力中存在,也可能是一个古老的预感,即便本•肯诺比会承认卢克还有一线希望去找到公主的船。如果它没有按照他追踪的轨迹降落,如果他错过了的话,他可能在明坂星上追寻一千年也找不到她。

If his original plotting tape had been accurate and if she hadn't altered her course of descent at the last moment for some strange reason, he ought to find her within a week. Of course, he considered, she might not have been able to prevent her fighter from changing its angle of fall. He shunted that possibility aside. The situation was grim enough without such speculations.
如果他绘制的准确,而且她没有因为一些奇怪的原因在下降的最后一刻改变航向,他会在一星期内找到她

The fog-mist-rain altered its consistency but never dried up completely. So it wasn't long before the exposed portions of his body were thoroughly soaked. At present, he thought, it was more of a belligerent fog than a real rain.
周围烟雨小了一些但是不会完全干燥,所以没过多久他暴露在外的身体就完全湿透了,这时他想,相对于一场真正的雨,这更像是一团浓厚的雾。

His suit kept his body moisture-free, but face, hands and scalp soon had rivulets of their own as water accumulated. There were rare, almost clear-dry moments, but he still spent a lot of energy regularly wiping the accumulated water beads from his forehead and cheeks.
他的衣服使他身体免于被雨水、雾气打湿但是脸、手、头上的水却像小溪流了下来。有些时候罕见的快干了,但他还是需要不时的用手去擦拭额头和脸颊上的露水。

Once he saw something that looked like a four-meter-long pale snake slither off into the underbrush at his approach. As he strode cautiously over the path it had taken, he saw that it had left a grooved track lined with luminous mucus in the soft earth. But Luke wasn't impressed. He had spent little time in zoological study. Even on Tatooine, which harbored its own protoplasmic freaks, such things hadn't interested him much. If a critter didn't try to eat you, claw you or otherwise ingest you, there were other things to absorb one's interest.
有一次他看见像是一条四米长的蛇在他附近爬进了灌木丛里,就在他谨慎的移动步伐时,他发现在槽上留下了一天带有发光黏液的软土,但是卢克没有任何印象,他曾花过一些时间研究动物学在塔图因那个有很多原始的怪物的地方,所以这种事不会让他感兴趣,如果一个动物不想吃掉你、攻击你来摄食,那么就是还有一些东西在吸引它。
没有绝对正义,也没有绝对邪恶

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

克隆人汉化组其他

发表于 2013-7-31 18:08 | 显示全部楼层
终于又更新了。有些句子可以调整一下。
Do,  or  do  not.
There  is  no  try.
Train  yourself  to  let  go  of  everything  you  fear  to  lose.

主题

帖子

精华

副管理员

原力
水晶

克隆人汉化组其他

发表于 2013-7-31 18:08 | 显示全部楼层
终于又更新了。有些句子可以调整一下。
Do,  or  do  not.
There  is  no  try.
Train  yourself  to  let  go  of  everything  you  fear  to  lose.

主题

帖子

精华

外环星域

原力
水晶

绝地克隆人汉化组

楼主| 发表于 2013-7-31 18:36 | 显示全部楼层
回复 10# aweng

这一学期过的水深火热啊,打算把第一章剩下的发完一起校对,语文是硬伤啊

本版积分规则

星球大战中文网官方微信公众号

手机版|星球大战中文网 ( 沪ICP备09001291号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 06:41 , Processed in 0.072379 second(s), 20 queries .